Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Duggan seems to be showing that there can be a smart stewardship of limited resources.
    I agree. He still needs to show he can execute, but if he does, then this is a home-run.

Duggan was very clear about the positives and negatives in his presentation. I don't think anyone could disagree with his reasoning. In fact, I don't know how the decision to bury wiring and to not use LEDs was even made in the first place.

Also, Duggan took a clear stand to say that lighting the residential neighborhoods took priority over lighting the main roads. Both are important, but one is more important.

Another thing that is important is that they're not going into neighborhoods and tearing down working lights. That makes about as much sense as spending $30,000,000 to bury electrical lines for aesthetic purposes.

I really hope the Duggan is able to actually improve things in the neighborhood. Executing on this lighting plan would be a great first step.

Well, I know that they put at least ONE light up. There was an article and news coverage about it last week I think.

what entity owns the Mistersky Power Station now? http://www.detroitmi.gov/Departments...g/AboutUs.aspx how does the Lighting Authority go about hiring employees? Are these potential new jobs for Detroit residents?

Now that the new lights are being installed, how do people like them?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...RO01/304010063

3,200 in a month-ish? I can get with that. Keep 'em coming! Also even though I'm in midtown.. i really like that they started in the neighborhoods, shows the naysayers that they're not forgotten and without the neighborhoods the city wouldn't survive..

hopefully people move back in and we can get that population leveled off... or even increase??!!!

also if you want a chuckle.. check out those comments in the detroit news article.. yikes

So apparently, all of the alley lights are gone anyway [[I'm in the east side pilot area), even the ones that were working.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So apparently, all of the alley lights are gone anyway [[I'm in the east side pilot area), even the ones that were working.
    They took down my alley light [[still working) last week 7 and Gratiot area. I ran out and replaced my high pressure sodium light with a new LED head in my backyard just way to dark without the alley light.

Yay Duggan!!!

King Kwame or King Bing should have done that long ago. But they we
    we're busy pimping.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    i really like that they started in the neighborhoods, shows the naysayers that they're not forgotten and without the neighborhoods the city wouldn't survive..
    What neighborhoods? Half the neighborhoods don't even exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerojoe View Post
    They took down my alley light [[still working) last week 7 and Gratiot area. I ran out and replaced my high pressure sodium light with a new LED head in my backyard just way to dark without the alley light.
    We did something similar on the garage [[we have a corner house), but it's still way too dark out there.

Funny, Duggan says one thing in the video and then another thing happens.

We did something similar on the garage [[we have a corner house), but it's still way too dark out there.

I thought he said if they were working, they were going to leave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I thought he said if they were working, they were going to leave them.
    Yep, but I forgot this IS Detroit.

The brain tells the leg to walk forward and it decides to kick someone in the ass instead.

Yep, but I forgot this IS Detroit.

The brain tells the leg to walk forward and it decides to kick someone in the ass instead.
    Communication breakdown, it's always the same; having a nervous breakdown, drives me insane.....

My guess is either someone didn't relay the plan specific details to the people actually doing the work, or, the plan changed and no one relayed the information to the residents. [[third scenario would be the plan was left with a lot of scattered loose ends, or was B/S) Either or, If the alleys aren't closed off @ this point, it leaves a nice dark back door for the criminal element.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    What neighborhoods? Half the neighborhoods don't even exist anymore.
    Trumbull north of Warren got some desperately needed streetlights on the neighborhood side recently. Waiting for them to switched on, was so glad to see them go up!

I just changed out our old sodium light with this super bright LED from cooper lighting http://www.amazon.com/All-Pro-Outdoo...led+area+light My light is on a 18ft high pole so it lights my whole backyard and the neighbors on both sides of me. It also makes it very hard to disable short of shooting it out. It only uses 42watts compared to the old 150 watt bulb I had very bright white color 5000k range.
    Last edited by Aerojoe; April-03-14 at 05:01 AM.

Little by little you can see and feel things will be changing for the better.. Let there be light!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2