Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

It is absolutely authentic. That notice means that the 2012 tax bill was paid in February 2013 but using the amount printed on a bill through 12/31/12. They owe, according to County records, a late payment fee for Jan.

If sumas has an official letter from the County stating that she is owed money from 2012 tax over-payment, she should go to the assessor to discuss and reconcile. Not the City, as out of City hands at this point.

Possibly Sumas doesn't recognize the refusal to accept cash as a standard financial practice in many places, but it is. And yes, cash is tempting- and dirty and needs special tills and multiple counts and is generally time-consuming.

This is "creepy?" I recall that when Sumas got a ticket for leaving an inoperable vehicle parked on her street for more than 2 days, that was creepy. When neighbors seemed to be looking at her house too long, that was creepy. When the relatives of her benefactor, Mr. Pat, seemed to be eyeing her sudden inheritance, they were creepy. Are all these incidents actually creepy? Or this just an unusual figure of speech?

For a "pom-pom girl for Detroit" this constant slurring of mailmen [[won't come in her yard with dogs), garbage pick-up, street blight oversight, stupid traffic cops [[see Fireworks night 2013), the Catholics who never ever did anything for Detroit), the ignorant employees who can't be trusted with cash, the jewelry stores that treat her shabbily - it is so incongruous.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    It is absolutely authentic. That notice means that the 2012 tax bill was paid in February 2013 but using the amount printed on a bill through 12/31/12. They owe, according to County records, a late payment fee for Jan.

If sumas has an official letter from the County stating that she is owed money from 2012 tax over-payment, she should go to the assessor to discuss and reconcile. Not the City, as out of City hands at this point.

Possibly Sumas doesn't recognize the refusal to accept cash as a standard financial practice in many places, but it is. And yes, cash is tempting- and dirty and needs special tills and multiple counts and is generally time-consuming.

This is "creepy?" I recall that when Sumas got a ticket for leaving an inoperable vehicle parked on her street for more than 2 days, that was creepy. When neighbors seemed to be looking at her house too long, that was creepy. When the relatives of her benefactor, Mr. Pat, seemed to be eyeing her sudden inheritance, they were creepy. Are all these incidents actually creepy? Or this just an unusual figure of speech?

For a "pom-pom girl for Detroit" this constant slurring of mailmen [[won't come in her yard with dogs), garbage pick-up, street blight oversight, stupid traffic cops [[see Fireworks night 2013), the Catholics who never ever did anything for Detroit), the ignorant employees who can't be trusted with cash, the jewelry stores that treat her shabbily - it is so incongruous.
    Don't forget the mistreatment on DetroitYES.

Yes I am a pom pom girl for our city. Living here is a challenge and a delight. I hate to feed trolls but yes wierd shit happens here like anywhere else.

Always a little flattered that people bother to follow my posts at all that obviously dislike me. Here is a cool comment. Got mail every day this week hoping this new mail person is permanent!

Didn't realize I use the word creepy that often, sorry should I swear more?

Maybe I should apologize more for just loving my city and neighbors. Today, we took a neighbor whose husband has been laid off for three months to a food bank on Iroquois and Vernor, then took another neighbor to get his taxes filed. But I forget, I am such a drama queen.

This is my city, I love it, for every kindness we share, we get back threefold.