Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Do you read at all???

Instead of attacking me based upon something I can't control, why not look for what it is I am trying to say? Here it is blunt:

I have on multiple occasions in this thread mentioned that there will be people living nearby who will fight this and show up to the meetings where this will be approved. I have also mentioned that I myself have no qualms with this place personally.

If you can read between the lines, I am saying that if all of you booze-hounds want this [[I am 47 and well beyond hanging out getting drunk all night btw). If you want to hang with these drunken loud losers by all means you have the right to. You better make dammed sure that you know when these meetings are and come out to support them. Yeah I made a generalization based upon me not wanting this anywhere need me. So sue me and GET OFF MY LAWN!

Who don't want it? Lets see:
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ighlight=Kales
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...own-nightclubs
    Thank you. You've made my point quite nicely. Give my regards to Detroityes when this "boozehound" is having a nice evening at Hopcat once it opens.

If you can read between the lines, I am saying that if all of you booze-hounds want this [[I am 47 and well beyond hanging out getting drunk all night btw). If you want to hang with these drunken loud losers by all means you have the right to. You better make dammed sure that you know when these meetings are and come out to support them. Yeah I made a generalization based upon me not wanting this anywhere need me. So sue me and GET OFF MY LAWN!

Who don't want it? Lets see:
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...own-nightclubs
    This smells of "I can't/don't drink anymore so screw all those drinkers they are the worst!!! Stupidhead Drunk Fighter Loser People!!!". Knock it off and be happy that a reputable, well financed business has a vision that includes Detroit and actually wants to make their Detroit location one of the star locations. This is great news man, be happy, not bitter about whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    This smells of "I can't/don't drink anymore so screw all those drinkers they are the worst!!! Stupidhead Drunk Fighter Loser People!!!". Knock it off and be happy that a reputable, well financed business has a vision that includes Detroit and actually wants to make their Detroit location one of the star locations. This is great news man, be happy, not bitter about whatever.
    Give it up. He's been spreading his dour vibes all over this thread relentlessly.

I firmly believe that one does not have to stop enjoying the evening hours after any certain age. There.

I firmly believe that one does not have to stop enjoying the evening hours after any certain age. There.
    Man. I hope you're right.

You don't get it do you? When the residents show up the the meeting and you don't, who ya think they are going to listen to?

You don't get it do you? When the residents show up the the meeting and you don't, who ya think they are going to listen to?
    What residents? Are the people in the lofts down the street really that worried about noise? Will there really be that much noise on the opposite side of the parking lot in back of the new HopCat? Any more noise than the steam plant or the construction on the Auburn building that they lived through? And the next nearest residential building is Studio One, which has a bar on the ground floor and still commands the highest rents in Midtown.

I've seen my fair share of bizarre perspectives at public meetings, too. I don't doubt that a couple people may show up and oppose this. I do doubt that they are anywhere near the majority of nearby residents, and I further doubt that they will sway any decision making.

Who are these fictitious residents opposed to this you keep mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Who are these fictitious residents opposed to this you keep mentioning?
    Name:  liquor.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  49.9 KB

I ran into DetroitPlanner and friends when BWW was set to open.

This board used to be cool. If something opened in Detroit people would get all geeked about it. Now you have dour Puritans screaming about how some imaginary residents of Woodward and Canfield are going to be in an uproar over a nice pub that provides 120 jobs. It's turned into whack-job tin-foil-hat basement-dweller central around here, alright.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

If something opened in Detroit people would get all geeked about it. Now you have dour Puritans screaming about how some imaginary residents of Woodward and Canfield are going to be in an uproar over a nice pub that provides 120 jobs. It's turned into whack-job tin-foil-hat basement-dweller central around here, alright.
    This is nothing, as Detroit keeps moving toward a critical mass of investment, new residents, jobs, entertainment, businesses, new buildings etc... The amount of people bitching about how all the growth spiraled out of control will be endless because it didn't happen just how they thought it should. But the fact will remain that the residents of Detroit will be the benefactors of a improving tax base that will offer better services than they have now by far. And that beer in the HopCat Bar will taste pretty damn good to me.

Name:  liquor.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  49.9 KB

I ran into DetroitPlanner and friends when BWW was set to open.

This board used to be cool. If something opened in Detroit people would get all geeked about it. Now you have dour Puritans screaming about how some imaginary residents of Woodward and Canfield are going to be in an uproar over a nice pub that provides 120 jobs. It's turned into whack-job tin-foil-hat basement-dweller central around here, alright.
    I live right across from this development, I'm excited! The main reason I moved to Midtown, the street life and energy. Most of my neighbors patronize these type of businesses and restaurants. Plus the M-1 rail stop and upcoming development will enhance the area, I'm not planning to move. This is why I live where I live!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    I live right across from this development, I'm excited! The main reason I moved to Midtown, the street life and energy. Most of my neighbors patronize these type of businesses and restaurants. Plus the M-1 rail stop and upcoming development will enhance the area, I'm not planning to move. This is why I live where I live!
    Props. See you there.

Props. See you there.
    Good if you're there I will be safe as you won't find me anywhere near there. If you were talking Buddy's, Casey's, Nancy's, etc however.....

Closest to a yuppie/trendy bar I'd get to would be Green Dot. Maybe I will see ya there?

Good if you're there I will be safe as you won't find me anywhere near there. If you were talking Buddy's, Casey's, Nancy's, etc however.....

Closest to a yuppie/trendy bar I'd get to would be Green Dot. Maybe I will see ya there?
    You'll miss out on the Crack Fries ...... You could both sit @ the same table and tex' each other.

You shouldn't make the assumption that other people share your ignorant opinions.

Let us know what the community turns out in overwhelming numbers against this bar, since I'm sure you'll be at the meeting. In the meantime, I'm sure you can keep yourself busy calling the cops on kids who ride their bikes in front of your house or whatever it is that sad, bitter old men like you do to keep themselves busy when they're not complaining about everyone else having fun on the internet.

I bet the highlight of your year is when some kid's frisbee flies over the fence into your yard and you get to yell out to them that you're "KEEPING IT!"
    Last edited by aj3647; February-11-14 at 09:39 AM.

Wait, Nancy Whiskey's? Wait wait wait... Every single person I know in their 20s and 30s goes there to get absolutely hammered. And make poor decisions. Much more so than I have ever seen at, say, One Eyed Betty's or any other beer bar.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Wait, Nancy Whiskey's? Wait wait wait... Every single person I know in their 20s and 30s goes there to get absolutely hammered. And make poor decisions. Much more so than I have ever seen at, say, One Eyed Betty's or any other beer bar.
    I've been going there since it was known as the Harrison Bar. Who/where is One Eyed Betty?

Are you saying Nancy's isn't a yuppie/trendy bar?

How am I supposed to wake up at 4am to workout if I'm staying up all night with you "boozehounds"?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorasaurus View Post
    What residents? Are the people in the lofts down the street really that worried about noise? Will there really be that much noise on the opposite side of the parking lot in back of the new HopCat? Any more noise than the steam plant or the construction on the Auburn building that they lived through? And the next nearest residential building is Studio One, which has a bar on the ground floor and still commands the highest rents in Midtown.

I've seen my fair share of bizarre perspectives at public meetings, too. I don't doubt that a couple people may show up and oppose this. I do doubt that they are anywhere near the majority of nearby residents, and I further doubt that they will sway any decision making.
    Leave me out of this.

He's so trendy, he's come full circle!

I just can't imagine that they would open such a disruptive establishment on that quiet little street called Woodward. What will the fine ladies think as they push their baby carriages past that terrible saloon full of drunkards?

all ive learned from this thread is that there will apparently be nightly eating contests there and that i should avoid that at all costs.

My guess is that there were a few videos of people having an eating contest. I highly doubt it's any every day deal. Look at Nathan's in Coney Island. Famous for its hot dog eating contest once a year. It's what makes them famous but it takes place once a year as a promotional situation. It works well. But it isn't an everyday situation.

Eating contests will surely be the downfall of the puritanical Detroit.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast