My apologies to all. I've been overseas and haven't exactly had the world's best access to the internet. You never want to "watch" the Lions' two games via the internet overseas. All I could do was click on refresh at the scores and that was about it. The Dallas game was painful seeing the scores ramp up and then the final.

But now that the Super Bowl has been played, we can move onward to the 2015 Detroit Lions thread before long. Kudos to the Patriots and shame to Pete Carroll for that goal line call; it's going to haunt him and the team for a very long time.

But back to our Lions- I think we were all pleasantly surprised at the results. Who would've thought Jim Caldwell and his coaching staff could've worked an 11 victory season out of this team? Who would've though the defense would be so strong? Who would've thought the Offense would be so electric in some of those last minute victories and fire blanks at other times? As with many other years, we went through some thrills and some heart aches- but I'd have to tip the ledger to the more thrills side this season. We had a team that nearly made it to the big dance and stands to improve some more over the next few years.

A lot will depend on free agency and the upcoming draft. Mayhew will have his work cut out for him now and let's pray that his draft will pay dividends a little quicker in 2015 than it did in 2014.

Any thoughts Super Bowl, the 2014 season and where this team goes before we lock this thread down and move forward??