Quote Originally Posted by Pickford-Bentler View Post
IMO, Suh is taking a wait and see attitude with respect to the new coaching team. I feel that he does not want spend his entire career on a team that will never get past the first round, even if they even get in the play-offs.

So it is all about him.

However, unlike a Hainesworth, Suh lives up to his end of a bargain.

The say that "it is a business" and Suh sees it that way.

The big problem is that the Lions will still take a 9 million cap hit, if he leaves, in exchange for a third round compensatory pick.
I can see both sides to this coin. I completely agree that Suh's wait and see approach to Caldwell & Co. is what's going on. Who can blame him on that? If he thinks that the management is going to blow, who can blame him for leaving? He's going to make his money- whether it's here or somewhere else. And I don't begrudge the big fella for making as much as he can. After he's long in the tooth and away from the NFL, I don't see Goodell going over to his house to help pay the bills.

As a fan I don't like the fact that he does have so much sway over the team though. Because he did hold out over the summer with negotiations, the Lions were a little ham strung with signing other free agents. I don't see that as his fault though. The timing just sucked ass for the Lions that this was the last year of Suh's contract.

And again- as a fan I want the guy to stick around. He's amazingly talented and what fan wouldn't want that? He seems to have cleaned up his game on the field [[anyone want to look up the penalty numbers on him last year?) and is still a force out there. IMO if he stays I think we stand a better chance to getting to the promised land. If he bolts it just might a barometer to other things going on in that clubhouse that we fans just don't know about.