Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    History repeats how many times they have tried drafting an elite winning QB [[Stafford, Harrington, Ware, Peete, Batch) & were unsuccessful.....they need to give Kellen Moore a real chance to win the starting job.
    Batch was a second-round pick, Peete was a sixth-round pick. Ware was very rarely used by Wayne Fontes, Harrington may have been a victim of an abysmal O-line and a new coach who couldn't stand him. None of them had the tools Stafford has. at the end of the season, he had a hobbled CJ and his #2 target was out do to a pizza injury. The rest of the squad had lead hands.

Moore wasn't drafted by any team​. there's probably a reason for that

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Moore wasn't drafted by any team​. there's probably a reason for that
    Because of his height.....appears Russell Wilson at 5'11" proved many wrong & is the "real deal" [[3rd round/12th pick).

Stafford....tools......look at his losing record [[24W 38L .387%). Stafford is 1W-23L against teams with a Winning Record.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Because of his height.....appears Russell Wilson at 5'11" proved many wrong & is the "real deal" [[3rd round/12th pick).

Stafford....tools......look at his losing record [[24W 38L .387%). Stafford is 1W-23L against teams with a Winning Record.

How many would contend that Wilson won because of what was around him as opposed to his own innate talent?

Don't get me wrong; I ain't baggin' on the guy but Russell Wilson isn't someone I'd catapult to being an elite QB just yet. I get it that he just won the Super Bowl last night but let's also be honest in the sense that he didn't exactly light up the stat charts. I'd even contend that you put Wilson on a mediocre team, he'd be average at best. Surround him with a solid team like the Seahawks [[and their faster than sh!t defense) and he manages just fine.

Wilson's an up and coming QB but ask how many GMs in the league would take him over Stafford and I think the number would be fewer than one would expect.