Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The Detroit Lions are much closer to a Super Bowl than many of the haters would care to believe. They are a CB and a WR, along with Stafford learning to audible at the line and learning when to throw the ball away, from being in the big game. They will assuredly make the playoffs this coming season, with a championship to follow within the next 3 seasons. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigal son View Post
    The Detroit Lions are much closer to a Super Bowl than many of the haters would care to believe. They are a CB and a WR, along with Stafford learning to audible at the line and learning when to throw the ball away, from being in the big game. They will assuredly make the playoffs this coming season, with a championship to follow within the next 3 seasons. You heard it here first.
    A couple of famous people - not Detroiters, we know better - have actually bet that Detroit would go to the SB next year. This is the best team they have had in my life, and the NFL is a fickle thing.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigal son View Post
    I agree with you.

I took the Lions at 2:1 in Vegas [[right before the season started) to make the playoffs and thought for most of the season that it was going to be...

I don't think the Lions are much from being a good team.

I too agree a nice WR, e.g., Sammy Watkins, to balance CJ and a little bit of defensive help.

The NFL is very balanced.

BTW, I agree that Seattle's QB, Wilson, is lucky to be playing for an excellent team. Put him on a 4 - 12 team and he wouldn't look so great.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I don't think the Lions are much from being a good team.
    Taking an 0-16 team to being pretty good isn't that tough given some of the ridiculously high draft picks we have. We're a decent team. It's that step from being pretty decent to elite is the one that's a bitch. And then to step up to Super Bowl worthy is even tougher. Want to talk about winning it all? Now that takes skill, amazing luck, lack of injuries, cunning, and all sorts of other things to fall into place.

We're lucky to have a few of those things fall into our laps. And that's why we're just a decent team. We're not elite yet based upon what we saw last year- but toss in some of that fuzzy, luck and who knows where this team can go?