Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Whitehouse... I believe that the side with the missing windows is where the elevators are located....

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Does anyone have a photo of the new banners on the Broderick?
    I took this from my apartment, my camera blows so I apologize. You can't see it, but there is a port-a-jon at the entrance. I saw some guys with hardhats walking around too.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    I took this from my apartment, my camera blows so I apologize. You can't see it, but there is a port-a-jon at the entrance. I saw some guys with hardhats walking around too.
    Not a shabby view, Planner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    Not a shabby view, Planner.
    Thanks, Pcm. I can see the river, bridge, Lake St. Clair [[clear days), the DYC [[clear days again), some of Washington and right down Griswold.[[pictured below) I cannot, however, see the main tower of the RenCen...only the far right tower. If I go up to the 18th floor, I can see the very top of it with the new animated GM logo screen.

DetroitDad Guest

Thanks, Pcm. I can see the river, bridge, Lake St. Clair [[clear days), the DYC [[clear days again), some of Washington and right down Griswold.[[pictured below) I cannot, however, see the main tower of the RenCen...only the far right tower. If I go up to the 18th floor, I can see the very top of it with the new animated GM logo screen.
    You make me miss living in those buildings. It looked much better when the Statler was there, though.

It looks like you are in Park Apartments, not Kales, right?

Yes, I saw some men in suites entering the building a few weeks ago, and today I saw workers working on the first floor exterior.

Construction workers have also been spotted at the old Layne Bryant building [[grey building) and it's neighbor [[brown facade). Those two also have festoon lights aglow on several floors.

Work has also been apparent on several other lower Woodward Avenue buildings.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; December-29-10 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    You make me miss living in those buildings. It looked much better when the Statler was there, though.

It looks like you are in Park Apartments, not Kales, right?

Yes, I saw some men in suites entering the building a few weeks ago, and today I saw workers working on the first floor exterior.

Construction workers have also been spotted at the old Layne Bryant building [[grey building) and it's neighbor [[brown facade). Those two also have festoon lights aglow on several floors.

Work has also been apparent on several other lower Woodward Avenue buildings.
    DD, actually, I live in Kales..not Park Apts. I wish the Statler could have been saved...now I have a beautiful mud lot to look at.

DD, actually, I live in Kales..not Park Apts. I wish the Statler could have been saved...now I have a beautiful mud lot to look at.
    I'm confident something may eventually be built on that site. Even if it is just a 4-5 story strip of walk-ups.
    Last edited by BrushStart; December-29-10 at 10:05 PM.

DetroitDad Guest

Dang... I guess I don't know as much as I think.

Hey, we may end up being neighbors....

Has anyone seen work begun here?

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Has anyone seen work begun here?
    Drove by last Thursday and Friday. Three Beal pickup trucks were parked outside. There is now a portajohn and a cherry picker outside the Witherell entrance. There were some lights on in a couple different places in the building. The protective scaffolds at street level had been partially dismantled. Nothing substantial yet, just preliminary work at this point.

I believe we will be sure work is starting when we see the big yellow trash tube, dumptrucks standing in line and the buckhoist going up.

I saw today from the PM that there were 2x4 braces in many of the windows, not sure if those were there before, but if they were I never noticed them.

DetroitDad Guest

Attachment 8264

Work is also being done on these two, down the block.

drove past the Broderick this morning... a construction fence has been erected around the site and a new pedestrian walkway is now in place.

I'll try to get some pictures after class tomorrow.

Frenchy, Good to have you in downtown with updates!!

Stromberg2

My biggest curiosity surrounding this project is the fate of what used to be a building next door on Woodward. The building ceased to exist in 2007 and judging by their website, is still part of the plans for the project. It is owned by the owners of the Broderick Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    My biggest curiosity surrounding this project is the fate of what used to be a building next door on Woodward. The building ceased to exist in 2007 and judging by their website, is still part of the plans for the project. It is owned by the owners of the Broderick Tower.
    Yaa.... so how does that work then? Obviously they didn't update the website... did they?

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Yaa.... so how does that work then? Obviously they didn't update the website... did they?
    Go to JC Beal's website... they have updated the Broderick Tower page, it says both sites will be redeveloped, but offers only "club concept" as to what will happen with the site.

Name:  Roof of Brodericktower.jpg
Views: 2090
Size:  40.9 KB

This is just a picture of the roof I got.

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    Go to JC Beal's website... they have updated the Broderick Tower page, it says both sites will be redeveloped, but offers only "club concept" as to what will happen with the site.
    No it hasn't been updated it still says that there is a one story building next door. That one story building collapsed 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    No it hasn't been updated it still says that there is a one story building next door. That one story building collapsed 3 years ago.
    Yes, it HAS been updated... previously it say, "project inception mid-2007." That was recently changed to "estimated completion Sep. 1, 2012."

can someone confirm construction workers on site?

Well then the part we were originally talking about wasn't updated because you cannot redevelop a 1 story building that has been gone for 3 years.

http://jcbeal.com/project-broderick.asp

This 34 story landmark building, identifiable to most as the “Whale Building” for its large whale mural painted as an advertisement for the Wyland galleries, is prominently located at 10 Witherell Street on the southeast corner of Grand Circus Park in Downtown Detroit. The building, with fantastic views all around, including down the center field line to home plate in Comerica Park, will be re-developed along with an adjacent one story building into a new restaurant/ club concept on the lower floors, 2-4 floors of office and 127 apartments above.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast