Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

According to Crain's, construction is supposed to begin "immediately", with a completion date of September 2012... just sayin...
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...-redevelopment

The 422-sq ft studio apartments sound neat.

My guess is that the city went to the owners and told them to do something or face getting fined. They'll announce plans, hanga banner, do nothing then wait until the city threatens fines again to make another 'announcment'
    spot on as always JT1. avoiding the blight laws and fines doesn't take much...

i'll believe it when the doors open and people start moving in. sorry for the pessimism, but such is the reality around here; many dreams and announcements, few completed projects...

It's a done deal folks! The Broderick will be resurrected! Construction to begin immediately!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHabitater View Post
    Call me when they are no longer using the word 'pending'
    What's your number, Habitater?

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...redevelopment#

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    Redevelopment banners went up on the Broderick today.
    Pix plz. I didn't drive by that side of downtown today.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    Wow thanks BOD.... with the Broderick Tower soon to be developed... the Madison Building getting new tenants, the United Artists Building being renovated, and the Kales Building a done deal.... Grand Circus Park is finally starting to get some new life [[besides the Opera House and Comerica Park).

As the thread starter, I feel inclined to circle back around and say Bravo! to everyone involved in making this happen. The real work on these projects takes place before a shovel ever hits the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Wow thanks BOD.... with the Broderick Tower soon to be developed... the Madison Building getting new tenants, the United Artists Building being renovated, and the Kales Building a done deal.... Grand Circus Park is finally starting to get some new life [[besides the Opera House and Comerica Park).
    I'd click a "Like" button on this comment if I could. After so many losses and days spent banging my head against the wall, it's nice to see hope - if not Detroit - rising from the ashes and rubble piles.

Thanks BOD!

The next piece in the proverbial puzzle will hopefully be the David Whitney Building. With it being in much better condition than any of the other GCP buildings that have been or are being renovated [[Kales, Madison, Capitol, Broderick, UA)... it has a lot of potential...

Does anyone have any insight to rental pricing for the Broderick? I may consider moving over there from the Kales...depends on cost, quality, and view. I have a great view right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    Does anyone have any insight to rental pricing for the Broderick? I may consider moving over there from the Kales...depends on cost, quality, and view. I have a great view right now.
    They are supposed to be "luxury apartments." i.e., in line with the Book Cadillac and Fort Shelby... I don't recall the Book Cadillac pricing, but the Fort Shelby originally had a 700-800 sq ft. one bedroom for $1699 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    They are supposed to be "luxury apartments." i.e., in line with the Book Cadillac and Fort Shelby... I don't recall the Book Cadillac pricing, but the Fort Shelby originally had a 700-800 sq ft. one bedroom for $1699 or so.
    So I guess I won't be moving into the 34th floor unit...DAMN!

Planner, what's availability like right now at the Kales? I'm looking to jump ship and get into a nicer building at some point. I ran into your building manager about a year ago and he said he still had a few units open...

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Planner, what's availability like right now at the Kales? I'm looking to jump ship and get into a nicer building at some point. I ran into your building manager about a year ago and he said he still had a few units open...
    Brushstart,

Last I heard we were 100% occupied. But I did see some people moving out over the weekend and I'm not sure if they have rented the penthouse on the 18th floor yet. That penthouse is $1,800.00 month...not sure if you're big timing it. God knows I can't swing that sorta cash!

Call up the Kales and ask for Carly, shes the leasing manager. If not, Rick, he's the building manager. 313-963-7676

Brushstart,

Last I heard we were 100% occupied. But I did see some people moving out over the weekend and I'm not sure if they have rented the penthouse on the 18th floor yet. That penthouse is $1,800.00 month...not sure if you're big timing it. God knows I can't swing that sorta cash!

Call up the Kales and ask for Carly, shes the leasing manager. If not, Rick, he's the building manager. 313-963-7676
    Haha, yeah $1,800 is still a little rich for my blood. I'm trying to stay between $1,100-1,400/mo. Thanks for the information, I'll give them a call in a few months and see if anything opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Haha, yeah $1,800 is still a little rich for my blood. I'm trying to stay between $1,100-1,400/mo. Thanks for the information, I'll give them a call in a few months and see if anything opens up.
    Come over to the Pavilion in Lafayette Park ... grand for 2-bedroom unit, historic, nice, safe ... I've lived there 2 years and love it.

If you do move in, drop my name so I can get a rent discount!

Quote Originally Posted by BShea View Post
    Come over to the Pavilion in Lafayette Park ... grand for 2-bedroom unit, historic, nice, safe ... I've lived there 2 years and love it.

If you do move in, drop my name so I can get a rent discount!
    Hehe, thanks Bill, I'll be sure to give them a look!

... and since we're on the topic of Grand Circus Park development... can anyone enlighten me about the former Michigan Mutual Co. Bldg., formerly known as the Stroh's HQ on W. Adams? What, if anything is it being used for? I remember that it was donated to DPS, and then they wanted something like 15 million for the building. But I don't remember hearing anything about what's been going on with it since....

... and since we're on the topic of Grand Circus Park development... can anyone enlighten me about the former Michigan Mutual Co. Bldg., formerly known as the Stroh's HQ on W. Adams? What, if anything is it being used for? I remember that it was donated to DPS, and then they wanted something like 15 million for the building. But I don't remember hearing anything about what's been going on with it since....
    Now called Grand Park Centre. I haven't been in it, but it has a bank and Subway on ground floor retail. The lobby is beautiful, and every morning when I take my dog outside I see a dude in his office [[2nd floor). Pretty sure that at least the second floor is occupied. It is an awesome building, and looks sweet when lit up at night. Sorry, that's all I got.

Go, Fred, Go

To follow up on planners statement from my window I can see across into most of the floors of the Grand Park Centre. It looks to be about thirty percent occupied.

Does anyone have a photo of the new banners on the Broderick?

This might be able to shed some light on Michigan Mutual......

http://www.freep.com/article/2010122...llion-building

Quote Originally Posted by DownriverGRap View Post
    This might be able to shed some light on Michigan Mutual......

http://www.freep.com/article/2010122...llion-building
    Yes, thanks, I saw that... I asked the question... and 3 days later the Freep gave the reply!

Did the top of the building, on the side of the whales, have windows? It would make sense to install them with that maginficent view over Comerica Park. That would be a prime restaurant site.

Edit:
    Found the answer myself, it's no. Great picture with the top unaltered. That would have been the icing on the cake. Pity.

Credit to the questionably named Plainyoubetcha2012 site.

Of all the site names he could choose... He could at least refudiate some more before he chose that name...

I like this post, especially the last picture.

Look at that vista!
    Last edited by Whitehouse; December-27-10 at 07:53 PM.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast