Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25

Nice shot, Lowell! It looks like a healthy, thriving city. What a view!

Stromberg2

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Incredible view!! Hopefully that parking in the corner will fill in soon. GCP will be a spectacular space.
    Good observation. One would think that would be an excellent residential site that some developer would pounce on. Selling a view of the stadium would make it irresistible for die-hard Tiger fans, although it wouldn't make the Broderick owners happy. In addition to Gistok notes there is a past thread about that spot with some historical pictures.

Looking at their website, the Broderick can't seem to lease out the last block of 30 or so apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    Looking at their website, the Broderick can't seem to lease out the last block of 30 or so apartments.
    Will the whole building be completed by September? It appears that the main floor and the mezzaine progress is moving too slow for the completion date to be september. I had heard that a coffee shop will also open in the building

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Will the whole building be completed by September? It appears that the main floor and the mezzaine progress is moving too slow for the completion date to be september. I had heard that a coffee shop will also open in the building
    As far as I have been told, construction is on track and all the residential units will be completed by September. I and everyone else who is moving in already have their move in dates set.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post
    As far as I have been told, construction is on track and all the residential units will be completed by September. I and everyone else who is moving in already have their move in dates set.
    Yes, I have been given a move in date as well.

I don't get the chance to visit Detroit much anymore because of my job, but i was downtown last night and it was amazing to see all the lights on in the tower and know that people actually live here now! I'm sure the Brodericks success can be emulated at other Detroit buildings like the Stott building and book tower.

wow, 149,000 views and counting on this thread and we're still waiting to see what goes in on the ground floor.

The Broderick Tower will be home to a 175-seat restaurant called The Broderick Grill, a 40-seat wine bar called La Cave and an 80-seat yet-to-be named biergarten.

Mike Higgins, president of Detroit-based Broderick Restaurant Group, said the increasing number of people working and living in the city prompted the decision to open the new restaurants.

Higgins said the company spent about $600,000 to build all three restaurants, which are expected to open by mid-February.

"We are right in the middle of the entertainment district, and we have the Detroit Opera House, Fillmore Theater and Music Hall within a two-block radius," Higgins said. "There are even more restaurants coming to the area, but I think there will be a need for them."

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20121126/SUB01/311259977/restaurateurs-target-west-village-stretch-word-of-mouth-success
    Last edited by MSUguy; November-29-12 at 09:43 PM.

Has anyone heard updates on exterior lighting of the building?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25