Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    I have heard the plan is to keep the ads up on the whale side of the building... If I was a resident with a window facing that way, I'd be pissed... just saying.
    Isn't signage a sign of a thriving city? There were lots of signs all over downtown back in the 1920s...

Just look at NYC...
    http://www.freefoto.com/preview/1210...-New-York-City

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Isn't signage a sign of a thriving city? There were lots of signs all over downtown back in the 1920s...

Just look at NYC...

What does that have to do with the ads blocking windows of the apartments?

I thought he meant "windows facing the sign" [[from other buildings)... not "sign blocking the windows"... different can 'o worms. Either the folks who rent those apartments will already know what they're in store for [[no surprises if the sign's already there)... or once the building opens, they'll be getting narrower signs...

I thought he meant "windows facing the sign" [[from other buildings)... not "sign blocking the windows"... different can 'o worms. Either the folks who rent those apartments will already know what they're in store for [[no surprises if the sign's already there)... or once the building opens, they'll be getting narrower signs...
    I'm not sure how this works, but isn't there a translucent type of sign that covers a window yet the person inside can still see out of it? Kinda like Chrysler has from time to time had huge signs on its HQ facing I75 in Auburn Hills? Obviously this would be a bit of a pain to have to put up in that many segments or take down, but it would offer a less impeded view, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I'm not sure how this works, but isn't there a translucent type of sign that covers a window yet the person inside can still see out of it? Kinda like Chrysler has from time to time had huge signs on its HQ facing I75 in Auburn Hills? Obviously this would be a bit of a pain to have to put up in that many segments or take down, but it would offer a less impeded view, correct?
    I was wondering about that with the GM signage at the top of the hotel tower. The hotel at the top used to rotate. Now it no long does. Does that mean some folks have obstructed dining views, or is that too a translucent sign that can be seen thru?

Save the Whales!

Just look at NYC...
    It's one thing to have a sign on an office building. That I don't care about, it's an office, you're supposed to be working there... Hell, Quicken Loans had a big sign on the Chase Tower for about a month. But if I was paying $1,500-$2,000 a month for an apartment, I wouldn't want it blocking my view. The income from that sign, long term, shouldn't be necessary on a top end apartment building.

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    It's one thing to have a sign on an office building. That I don't care about, it's an office, you're supposed to be working there... Hell, Quicken Loans had a big sign on the Chase Tower for about a month. But if I was paying $1,500-$2,000 a month for an apartment, I wouldn't want it blocking my view. The income from that sign, long term, shouldn't be necessary on a top end apartment building.
    Like I said... they'll likely narrow the sign.

But if you think that just because this is turned into residences, that somehow the building owners are going to stop putting up commercial ads [[that could contribute to as much extra money as say 10 apartment rentals per month)... then guess again! That side of the building has a nice view of Comerica Park and its' 2 million visitors per year. $$$

Besides, for buildings... monthly residential rates [[per square foot) are generally lower than monthly commercial business rates.

Buildings like Broderick Tower and Cadillac Tower... with an empty wall... are prime signage buildings.

And since no residential units have a main frontage on the elevator side of the Broderick Tower, I don't think that will be a deal breaker for leases...

I can't wait till those 'retail' windows go in on the first 4 floors!

I was wondering about that with the GM signage at the top of the hotel tower. The hotel at the top used to rotate. Now it no long does. Does that mean some folks have obstructed dining views, or is that too a translucent sign that can be seen thru?
    If you're familiar with Coach Insignia, you'll remember that there are really two dining levels. The main dining room/banquet room and an upper mezzanine-like bar.

The GM signs are covered by giant velour drape inside. The placement does not impede views. Hard to explain, but if you head up there, you'll know what I mean.

Also, I highly recommend checking out their bar. No dress code, plenty to drink, and an AMAZING view. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    If you're familiar with Coach Insignia, you'll remember that there are really two dining levels. The main dining room/banquet room and an upper mezzanine-like bar.

The GM signs are covered by giant velour drape inside. The placement does not impede views. Hard to explain, but if you head up there, you'll know what I mean.

Also, I highly recommend checking out their bar. No dress code, plenty to drink, and an AMAZING view. For real.
    Thanks, I was wondering about that signage. Haven't been up there in a few years... I remember the 71st and 73rd floors would revolve, while the 72nd was stationary. I know that downtown looks spectacular from up there...

YES!! I can't wait either, also to see the exterior lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by French777 View Post
    I can't wait till those 'retail' windows go in on the first 4 floors!

Ain't she purrdy? All glassed-in with a near full moon rising on a balmy January Day. Detroit Rises!

[...with apologies for the shaky cell phone shot]

Man, that's probably almost the best the Broderick's looked since the day it was finished. Now lets get people in it!

Exterior Lighting! Now that will be a great day. Especially the first game at Comerica Park with the new lighting.

Since they're not going to reconstruct the cornice and "Chippendale Highboy" trim along the top, it would be nice if they did some kind of gold paint work along the top [[and on the bric-a-brac and finials on the floors right below the top)... so that it shimmers in the day, and especially at sunrise/sunset. There's several NYC skyscrapers that have a gold trim top.

OMG!!!! BEA-U-TI-FULLLL!!!! I can't wait til this tower is fully occupied with resident and retail is open there.

Nice shot for being a cell phone -

Look how nice it fits into the light poles!!
    Name:  BrushCom2003_025.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  34.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Just like those that cover the windows of the People Mover...you can easily see out from inside but from the outside they look solid.

With all the Ipad advertisements downtown does that mean there will be an Apple store in the future?

Still a shame that the crown on top of the building will not be reconstructed...

According to Dan's Gilbert plans, He's trying to convert the ground-level retail in an Apple store and extended it out 15ft. to make it pedestrian friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    With all the Ipad advertisements downtown does that mean there will be an Apple store in the future?

Chase tower.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    According to Dan's Gilbert plans, He's trying to convert the ground-level retail in an Apple store and extended it out 15ft. to make it pedestrian friendly?

Vacant Broderick Tower Getting New Life as Apartment Building

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...obref=obinsite

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast