Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I would love to have one of those 4 penthouses with the small corner triangular balconies. I also like the spiral staircases those units have.

And rather than the Weyland Whales on the east wall... I think some creative Tromphe O'eil [[fool the eye) paintings with fake architecture painted on it... including some creative ads in frames down the slender wall would be an eye catcher, as well as a revenue generator.

Some folks don't like billboards and signage on downtown buildings... but in the 1st half of the 20th century downtown Detroit was covered in signs.

I agree, you look at earlier pics of Detroit and every building is a billboard. I think like you said, do it classy and it can still generate revenue...plus, that whole side of the building is windowless for the most part. May as well put it to good use.

BTW, if the Broderick units are nicer than my current building [[Kales), I may have to leave. I do like my view though....at least I have a year and a half to figure it out.

Interesting right...I'm going to ask one of those construction crew when i get a chance to walk by...
    Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    In the current plans, the building next door is to be replaced. I am guessing they are already pouring cement there to use it for construction vehicles so they do not block Woodward. Unless they were pouring footings as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    I agree, you look at earlier pics of Detroit and every building is a billboard. I think like you said, do it classy and it can still generate revenue...plus, that whole side of the building is windowless for the most part. May as well put it to good use.

BTW, if the Broderick units are nicer than my current building [[Kales), I may have to leave. I do like my view though....at least I have a year and a half to figure it out.
    maybe they can paint the old hudson's building streetscape on the side. that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    In the current plans, the building next door is to be replaced. I am guessing they are already pouring cement there to use it for construction vehicles so they do not block Woodward. Unless they were pouring footings as well?
    Currently, a new stairwell is being constructed on that side of the building. The hole will eventually be filled with dirt and a pad will be constructed for the buckhoise which you should see sometime in May.

thankz...how you found that out?

Kraemer Design Group, the project designer/architect posted on this forum a couple months ago telling us about this. They said the space would be reserved for retail. During construction they would use that space for equipment and construction of the buckhoist, the external construction elevator. Later, a stairwell dedicated to the office space would be built off that side of the building and the retail space would be constructed last.

oh ok, kool..

http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/b...ion042611.aspx

Here is a new article on the renovation. It tells a little bit more about some of the changes taking place in restoration. I know Gistok wanted to see the decorative cornice restored, and they already said they won't do that, but they did say they will be restoring the granite at street level, it was replaced or covered with brick during an earlier renovation.

Thanks for the link esp1986.... does that mean that the "Lee Press-On Bricks" of the Flaming Embers Restaurant look are history? Amen to that....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Thanks for the link esp1986.... does that mean that the "Lee Press-On Bricks" of the Flaming Embers Restaurant look are history? Amen to that....
    "lee press on bricks??"

hahaha, too funny.

I hope they allow Preservation Wayne to conduct a post-restoration walk-thru. I'd definately sign up for that...

Looks like Beal Construction is selling off radiators for $50 a pop. http://annarbor.craigslist.org/atq/2357709455.html

That is a great price, they are usually a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanTom View Post
    I shot the Broderick before they tore the floors apart and after the floors were clear which was recently. They wanted some shots for the big grand opening ceremony and as far as I know, or as they told me, they didnt use the shots. Still cool to shoot it before they cleaned house.

Very cool pics. There should be a great market for these with the new tenants.

Thanks. You'd think. The building is in a fantastic location.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Thanks. You'd think. The building is in a fantastic location.
    And when all is done, ask the new tennants to take pictures from the same locations to see what progress was made during the restoration. It would be great to compare the pictures.

love the one of the book with the factories going in the background!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    And when all is done, ask the new tennants to take pictures from the same locations to see what progress was made during the restoration. It would be great to compare the pictures.
    Ha, I was going to ask the company in charge of the construction of the units, not beal to see if they wanted shots. Id like to show the tenants what their dwelling looked like before they moved in.

BTW I didnt post all the images on broderick on my site I have more on my flickr stream here

Quote Originally Posted by ismoakrack View Post
    love the one of the book with the factories going in the background!
    Zug Island baby!

I'm wondering how far in advance they will give out a detailed price list for the apartments. Does anyone have an idea as to when they may do so?

Email from the Broderick:

Thank you for inquiring about the Broderick Tower project. We will be publishing a price list for all of the apartments within 30 days. At that time, we will start taking reservations for individual units. Please feel free to check back at any time, but we will be contacting you via email when the price list is published and when we are prepared to take reservations.

Thank you,

Adrienne Mahan, Front Desk Manager

Beal Properties, LLC
    Motown Construction Partners
    BroderickTower.com
    GoBeal.com

Update: I've been walking by for a month or more now, they have slowly but surely been getting the external construction elevator up [[2 floors left) and have taken all the coverings off of the first few floors' picture windows. Also discovered today that they uncovered some built-in retractable awning for the first floor retail as I walked through the scaffolding on the street level. They're also using a crane on Broadway to hoist materials onto the roof of the Madison Theater Building, potentially for that 500-seat theater that Gilbert has referred to lately. Pics from today:
    Name:  IMAG0401.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  35.6 KB
    Name:  IMAG0402.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  42.8 KB
    Name:  IMAG0403.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  31.6 KB
    Name:  IMAG0404.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  32.5 KB

Those covered awnings are fascinating to me! How cool!

Keep them coming! Its so awesome that this is finally happening!

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast