Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I hope they allow Preservation Wayne to conduct a post-restoration walk-thru. I'd definately sign up for that...

Looks like Beal Construction is selling off radiators for $50 a pop. http://annarbor.craigslist.org/atq/2357709455.html

That is a great price, they are usually a lot more.

Very cool pics. There should be a great market for these with the new tenants.

Thanks. You'd think. The building is in a fantastic location.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Thanks. You'd think. The building is in a fantastic location.
    And when all is done, ask the new tennants to take pictures from the same locations to see what progress was made during the restoration. It would be great to compare the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    And when all is done, ask the new tennants to take pictures from the same locations to see what progress was made during the restoration. It would be great to compare the pictures.
    Ha, I was going to ask the company in charge of the construction of the units, not beal to see if they wanted shots. Id like to show the tenants what their dwelling looked like before they moved in.

BTW I didnt post all the images on broderick on my site I have more on my flickr stream here

love the one of the book with the factories going in the background!

Quote Originally Posted by ismoakrack View Post
    love the one of the book with the factories going in the background!
    Zug Island baby!

I'm wondering how far in advance they will give out a detailed price list for the apartments. Does anyone have an idea as to when they may do so?

Email from the Broderick:

Thank you for inquiring about the Broderick Tower project. We will be publishing a price list for all of the apartments within 30 days. At that time, we will start taking reservations for individual units. Please feel free to check back at any time, but we will be contacting you via email when the price list is published and when we are prepared to take reservations.

Thank you,

Adrienne Mahan, Front Desk Manager

Beal Properties, LLC
    Motown Construction Partners
    BroderickTower.com
    GoBeal.com

Update: I've been walking by for a month or more now, they have slowly but surely been getting the external construction elevator up [[2 floors left) and have taken all the coverings off of the first few floors' picture windows. Also discovered today that they uncovered some built-in retractable awning for the first floor retail as I walked through the scaffolding on the street level. They're also using a crane on Broadway to hoist materials onto the roof of the Madison Theater Building, potentially for that 500-seat theater that Gilbert has referred to lately. Pics from today:
    Name:  IMAG0401.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  35.6 KB
    Name:  IMAG0402.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  42.8 KB
    Name:  IMAG0403.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  31.6 KB
    Name:  IMAG0404.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  32.5 KB

Those covered awnings are fascinating to me! How cool!

Keep them coming! Its so awesome that this is finally happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Doma View Post
    Keep them coming! Its so awesome that this is finally happening!

Now the Whitney, Stott, Book, Free Press buildings need to be happening!? In turn, Capitol Park might benefit off the surrounding development. Which needs some attention with those buildings surrounding the redevelop park?

I wonder what type of retail/restaurant are being consider for the first 4 floors, including ground level? Can't wait til I shop or dine there, looking over Woodward or Comerica Park/GCP.

I don't care if it breaks the bank, I will be living in this building. It just worries me how many other people think the way I do and if I'll even be able to get a place there!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I don't care if it breaks the bank, I will be living in this building. It just worries me how many other people think the way I do and if I'll even be able to get a place there!!
    Oh, I believe they will fill up quickly with no problems! I'm planning on living there too..

Same here. I plan for the Broderick Tower to be my first place of residence after college. It will only be open for 3 months when I graduate. Hope there are still units available by then.

Noooooooooooo, all you guys need to find a different place, I was planning on living there when it opens! I just moved out a high rise apt complex downtown and I was looking for the Broderick to replace it!

We will be neighbors then...

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    We will be neighbors then...
    Haha relax I was kidding... I am sure there will be room for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Haha relax I was kidding... I am sure there will be room for everyone.
    Wouldn't be so sure. With the demand for downtown living, i bet these units will be snapped up VERY quickly.

Got my first, last, and deposit in hand guys. I'll pay a whole year up front if that's what it takes

Here is some more...
    Name:  DSC_0179.jpg
Views: 2847
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0181.jpg
Views: 2775
Size:  47.2 KB

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast