Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Some of the appartments are 2 stories.... look for the spiral stairs in the diagrams.

Are there any updates? Has work increased at all or is it difficult to tell? I am wondering what the crew size is currently. Any photos would be much appreciated, since I won't be in Detroit until April or May.

The trash shoot is now extended to the very top floors. I would get pictures, yet I cannot find my usb cord for my camera to computer. Hopefully, I will get that fixed ASAP!

Some mornings I when I'm taking my dog out I see workers walking to the building wearing their hardhats. They must park over by Park Apts, as they walk through GCP. I've seen about 8-10 at a time waiting to get into BT.

Ohhh yeah....David Broderick is certainly under way....they have put plastic and wooden beams in and across most of the once empty windows scattered throughout the upper floors of the tower.

Last night as I was taking the dog out I noticed there were construction lights on the 10th and 11th floors at the northwest corner of building.

Seeing windows lit up at night in the Broderick is awesome and I can't wait to see them all lit up.

Come on Whitney!

It's funny how Grand Circus Park used to be a joke, and within a matter of a couple years it has the potential to once again become a Crown Jewel downtown like Campus Martius. I'm hoping the pricing is reasonable because that will fall on a timeline where I'm looking to move downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    Ohhh yeah....David Broderick is certainly under way....they have put plastic and wooden beams in and across most of the once empty windows scattered throughout the upper floors of the tower.

Anyone know what the purpose of the wooden beams in all the windows is? That's the most noticeable change so far.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Anyone know what the purpose of the wooden beams in all the windows is? That's the most noticeable change so far.
    I dunno, but I have noticed them too on all the windows I could see. Looks like they are really going at it!

the "wooden beams" are simply 2x4's secured to the inside of the building. this is an OSHA requirement to protect workers from accidentally falling out the window after the glazing is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by rsa.313 View Post
    the "wooden beams" are simply 2x4's secured to the inside of the building. this is an OSHA requirement to protect workers from accidentally falling out the window after the glazing is removed.
    Yep. They create the required railing height.

Bump........

Quote Originally Posted by WPitonya View Post
    Bump........
    one week has past since last post. two more bags of trash have been removed. satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    one week has past since last post. two more bags of trash have been removed. satisfied
    Just went by the building today, cleaning house.

agrahlma Guest

Default Hello

I'm new to the board - hello to all! I will be moving to the Broadway Lofts on March 12th [[from West Bloomfield), along with my wife, my 13 year old son, and my two dogs . I'll be sure to take pictures and post updates with regard to the progress of the Broderick Tower. We can't wait to move Downtown!

Quote Originally Posted by agrahlma View Post
    I'm new to the board - hello to all! I will be moving to the Broadway Lofts on March 12th [[from West Bloomfield), along with my wife, my 13 year old son, and my two dogs . I'll be sure to take pictures and post updates with regard to the progress of the Broderick Tower. We can't wait to move Downtown!
    Congrats on your move! Welcome to downtown.

Can we get some pictures of the progress pleeeease?

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    Can we get some pictures of the progress pleeeease?
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011022...ebuild-Detroit

Default Downtown

Welcome to downtown living, hope you enjoy it as much as I have for the past 18 years.

agrahlma Guest

Name:  188972_1736312140384_1616011685_1643552_4300001_n.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  27.5 KB

Just got the keys to my loft today - I took this photo from my bedroom window. Once I'm moved in I'll take and post more pics [[close-up, street side, etc.).

Name:  188972_1736312140384_1616011685_1643552_4300001_n.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  27.5 KB

Just got the keys to my loft today - I took this photo from my bedroom window. Once I'm moved in I'll take and post more pics [[close-up, street side, etc.).
    Very nice view. By the way, how are those lofts? They are on my short list of places to move when I move out of my current building.

agrahlma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Very nice view. By the way, how are those lofts? They are on my short list of places to move when I move out of my current building.
    So far so good. Check back in a few months and I'll let you know [[lol). I wanted Midtown and the wife wanted Downtown - we all know who wins those arguments - and she did [[again)! The elevator into the room is very cool, the floor plan is very open, which I like. The security systems seem solid, and the parking appears to be very secure. The price is very good for the size of the unit [[1787 sq ft - much cheaper per sq foot than the others [[Merchants Row, Library Lofts, Kales, etc.).

So far so good. Check back in a few months and I'll let you know [[lol). I wanted Midtown and the wife wanted Downtown - we all know who wins those arguments - and she did [[again)! The elevator into the room is very cool, the floor plan is very open, which I like. The security systems seem solid, and the parking appears to be very secure. The price is very good for the size of the unit [[1787 sq ft - much cheaper per sq foot than the others [[Merchants Row, Library Lofts, Kales, etc.).
    Yeah...keep us updated about those lofts. I'm always looking on to the next move after I'm done with Kales....if I leave Kales. I love it here!

DetroitDad Guest

Welcome to Downtown! Yeah, I had the same problem. She wanted to be near the People Mover, YMCA, and entertainment. I wanted Midtown, she thought it was too run down, or too far from Downtown. Your 13 year old will love it!

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast