Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

I wonder what type of retail/restaurant are being consider for the first 4 floors, including ground level? Can't wait til I shop or dine there, looking over Woodward or Comerica Park/GCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Doma View Post
    Keep them coming! Its so awesome that this is finally happening!

Now the Whitney, Stott, Book, Free Press buildings need to be happening!? In turn, Capitol Park might benefit off the surrounding development. Which needs some attention with those buildings surrounding the redevelop park?

I don't care if it breaks the bank, I will be living in this building. It just worries me how many other people think the way I do and if I'll even be able to get a place there!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I don't care if it breaks the bank, I will be living in this building. It just worries me how many other people think the way I do and if I'll even be able to get a place there!!
    Oh, I believe they will fill up quickly with no problems! I'm planning on living there too..

Same here. I plan for the Broderick Tower to be my first place of residence after college. It will only be open for 3 months when I graduate. Hope there are still units available by then.

Noooooooooooo, all you guys need to find a different place, I was planning on living there when it opens! I just moved out a high rise apt complex downtown and I was looking for the Broderick to replace it!

We will be neighbors then...

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    We will be neighbors then...
    Haha relax I was kidding... I am sure there will be room for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Haha relax I was kidding... I am sure there will be room for everyone.
    Wouldn't be so sure. With the demand for downtown living, i bet these units will be snapped up VERY quickly.

Got my first, last, and deposit in hand guys. I'll pay a whole year up front if that's what it takes

Here is some more...
    Name:  DSC_0179.jpg
Views: 2845
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0181.jpg
Views: 2773
Size:  47.2 KB

Keep them coming bob, those pictures are great!

Thanks for those pics Dbob - those of us that don't work downtown don't get much opportunity to see things like the Broderick rehab in action. I hope to make a trip downtown soon to check it out and the MCS work also.

I am going to check it out for sure...but I do love my building.

Walking back from the Tigers game tonight every floor is now lit up with construction lights at night. I sat transfixed on Woodward staring up at this beauty. This is so awesome this is finally happening.

Riding your bike @ 3am is the best time to discover downtown. You hear the buildings once vibrancy. It's AMAZING!!! The best view of the broderick, riding down Woodward from Canfield. It pull you in...I LOVE IT! That's truly a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Walking back from the Tigers game tonight every floor is now lit up with construction lights at night. I sat transfixed on Woodward staring up at this beauty. This is so awesome this is finally happening.

Pictures!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Riding your bike @ 3am is the best time to discover downtown. You hear the buildings once vibrancy. It's AMAZING!!! The best view of the broderick, riding down Woodward from Canfield. It pull you in...I LOVE IT! That's truly a beauty.
    What a beautiful thought - downtown 3am on a warm night on a bike, feeling the unspoken 'gravity' of the buildings and experiencing their past energy as if the buildings themselves were speaking to you and revealing secrets. It's poetic.

And to hear these updates about the beautiful Broderick Tower and even to see it being renovated is such an inspiration and encouragement, as if it is a harbinger of better times for Detroit - are we witnessing the rebirth of a traumatized old urban area?? I hope so.

Thanks Kryptonite, it's beautiful around that time of night. You sense a brighter Detroit and what it once was, its very "poetic" as you say. Picture won't capture what I'm describing, go out there and see it yourself. Its a different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    What a beautiful thought - downtown 3am on a warm night on a bike, feeling the unspoken 'gravity' of the buildings and experiencing their past energy as if the buildings themselves were speaking to you and revealing secrets. It's poetic.

And to hear these updates about the beautiful Broderick Tower and even to see it being renovated is such an inspiration and encouragement, as if it is a harbinger of better times for Detroit - are we witnessing the rebirth of a traumatized old urban area?? I hope so.

sounds awesome gthomas!

I just applied for a job downtown. With any luck I'll be living around downtown and can spend some more quality time on the bike [[even at 3am)

Let me know, I will ride my bike with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rencense View Post
    sounds awesome gthomas!

I just applied for a job downtown. With any luck I'll be living around downtown and can spend some more quality time on the bike [[even at 3am)

Gthomas, Rencense, it's so great hearing stories and updates such as you are posting.

My days of being downtown at 3:00 am were 30+ years ago. At that time I would have been leaving a club such as the City Club or St. Andrew's Hall, Clutch Cargo's, etc. in an alcohol/drug-induced [[but enjoyable) haze.

In those days to be sensible meant to walk back to your car quickly, and get the h*ll out of downtown ASAP. Walking around was completely dangerous and there were no building rehabs to speak of. The Book Cadillac was open but floundering, the Fort Shelby was dark and gloomy. The Broderick Tower was a mystery, usually it was dark but occasionally lights would be spotted in upper floors and once I am certain I heard a loud band playing around the 3rd floor. There was no foot traffic in the wee hours back then.

So these posts and updates are a great sign that things are already better in many ways. In recent years I have been downtown walking around midnight or so and have been one of many people out enjoying the night safely. What a change.

And for 30-ish years I have hoped that something positive would happen at the Broderick Tower. Now not only is something great happening there but the Book Cadilac and Fort Shelby are back and the David Whitney may be reopening and something is up with the United Artists Bldg. Unfortunately in the last 30 years we have lost [[for the time being) the Book Bldg. and the David Stott Tower, but I think this Broderick Tower project means great things for the future.

Picture above is from my post on the "Steak House" thread and is circa 1961 from the Detroit News. All these years I've been talking about getting the $1.19 steaks at the Flaming embers but that was just from memory. NOW I have validation!

That picture is frickin' cool!

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast