Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
I've been trying to get a hold of him for several weeks to ask questions for a building history on the site. If I ever get a hold of him again [[and he said he was down to talk about the Detroiter), I'll ask about the Broderick.
If you don't get in touch with him, you might consider a FOIA request of whichever public body handles historic designation applications; it should include a fairly extensive history of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
Sometime in the last 2-3 years I remember seeing a trailer for an indie horror film that was shot at, or at least set at, the Broderick. I didn't actually see the movie, but I think the plot was basically that some guy goes into the building and is never seen again. His sister and friends go to the building to search for him, get trapped, and macabre hijinx ensue. Has anyone heard about this?
No, but I did see a group of three or so kids on the roof there as the sun set on July 12. I had a strong feeling they were doomed. Not sure that's related, but thought I'd share. The horrors may be real, and they may be impeding Higgins' development of the building.