Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Cushingberry makes the news again!!

This guy is on a one-way train to "winning".

Same ole' shit.

That supervisor doesn't need to be a supervisor anymore. I'm sure the union will protect him though.

The erratic driving is bothersome, but the fleeing and eluding is absolutely unforgivable. I put this right up there with Kwame assaulting law enforcement personnel. This is something that grownups with something to lose just don't do. When those flashing lights come on behind you, you look for the nearest safe location to pull over and do so immediately. By leading those officers on a chase he jeopardized their safety and the safety of everyone else out there on those snow covered streets.

Why wasn't he given a citation for this? This sets a very poor example in a city where law enforcement already has many, many challenges.

Very disappointed in Mr. Cushingberry and thankful that I did not vote for him.

I wonder if Chief Craig is going to punish the patrol supervisor?

Not off to a good start.

He needs to go.

He was on Channel 7 tonight. According to Cush, he wasn't drunk, no one was smoking pot and the bottle in his car had been empty for a week.

I'm interested to see what the recourse is now that Orr is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    He was on Channel 7 tonight. According to Cush, he wasn't drunk, no one was smoking pot and the bottle in his car had been empty for a week.
    And ---- he said he was not at the strip club Stavin' Marvins but at a "gentleman's club" down the street. And ---- really --- did he actually take off after being stopped only to be stopped again after a chase? And only ticketed for not signaling when turning out of the club's lot? And now he's claiming racial profiling by the "European" [[his word for white) cop.

It's an important litmus test for the future of the city of Detroit. I can only hope that there will be accountability. Orr/Duggan/Craig's reactions will be critical here.

Compare the Freep and News artiucles - The Freep made it sound like he was stopped out of the blue, no mention of a strip club, almost hitting the cops and fleeing and eluding - WTF?
    BTW, went to school with "Cush", he had a very high opinion of himself even back then. Heck of a baseball player, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAZZMAN View Post
    And ---- he said he was not at the strip club Stavin' Marvins but at a "gentleman's club" down the street. And ---- really --- did he actually take off after being stopped only to be stopped again after a chase? And only ticketed for not signaling when turning out of the club's lot? And now he's claiming racial profiling by the "European" [[his word for white) cop.
    I wonder why he was at the Penthouse?
    https://plus.google.com/110284068010...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Looks legit, the owner has supported Cush for at least 3 years. I know the link says varsity, but if you look at it on google maps it is the same place.

"...there was no alcohol in his vehicle, only an old bottle from the week prior that had not yet been discarded. He said he was not given a sobriety test."
    From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2pzjV1D8N

I guess we all drink alcohol outside our car and throw the empty bottle in to drive it around for a at least a week. Nothing suspicious here; it was just an old bottle after all; no need for a breathalyzer; move on.
    Reminds me of a story. A Cop pulled a Priest over for speeding; smelled wine on his breath and asked him if he had been drinking. The Priest said "Only Holy water" but the cop asked about an empty wine bottle he saw in the rear. The Priest looked at it and said "Good Lord - He's done it again!"
    Last edited by coracle; January-10-14 at 08:23 AM.

Once a crook always a crook!!! Let's see what the media dogs attack him on his first 100 days.

I wonder if he used the infamous line "Do you know who the F%$k I am"? The cops did the right thing by stopping him, he was arrogant enough to just drive away [[run) from the police. The supervisor was probably old school and remembered what happened to the cop who stopped Beatty and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. These elected officials who think they are above the law need to go and Duggan or Orr needs to take a definite stand and show the public that they will not tolerate this type of behavior from anyone, no excuses, no breaks.
    This should be a new, clean, honest, accountable for their actions regime and if nothing happens to Cush, I can see Detroit staying at the bottom and never coming out of the hole. How can you trust anyone who treats the police as though they don't have any jurisdiction over them? Charlie Beckham is another one who I don't understand why Duggan appointed.
    Same old same old as far as I'm concerned.

PS,,,of course, pulling the race card is typical. This shows the mind set of this new clowncil member.
    Last edited by cla1945; January-10-14 at 09:22 AM.

Who was in the car with him? I suspect maybe this fella.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.clement1

Name:  1468513_10151730998626190_1938184342_n.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  40.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I wonder why he was at the Penthouse?
    https://plus.google.com/110284068010...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Looks legit, the owner has supported Cush for at least 3 years. I know the link says varsity, but if you look at it on google maps it is the same place.
    Well, according to THIS link, it IS a strip club. [[not that there's anything wrong with it......)

The Penthouse Club

20771 W 8 Mile Rd Detroit, MI 48219
    [[313) 541-7000
    c4site.com

Adult Entertainment Club$$$
    Today 11:30 am – 2:00 am

bizarre. More nuttiness. I wonder will this make national headlines? With our luck, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Well, according to THIS link, it IS a strip club. [[not that there's anything wrong with it......)

The Penthouse Club

20771 W 8 Mile Rd Detroit, MI 48219
    [[313) 541-7000
    c4site.com

Adult Entertainment Club$$$
    Today 11:30 am – 2:00 am
    But this ain't:
    https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...KG_g!2e0&fid=5

It is not the same place. It could be that the media has jumped on this without checking facts again. Granted, the bottle is suspicious, but the Varisity Bar has the same address.

There is a lot of mis-information here or unknown facts. What I find amazing is that there is a policy to call for supervisors whenever there is an altercation involving public officials.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; January-10-14 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    It could be that the media has jumped on this without checking facts again. What I find amazing is that there is a policy to call for supervisors whenever there is an altercation involving public officials.
    Nawwwwwwwww.........

If it were you or me, we would be posting "has anyone ever had this happen to them before.........?"

On the other hand, public officials could open a real can of worms for the cops, and everyone else involved. I think the whole thing stinks, and it ain't marahoochie.

His own detailed account to the Freep says he was at the Penthouse Lounge [[different from Penthouse Club on 8 Mile) which he characterized as “a neighborhood bar and eatery.”

http://www.freep.com/article/2014010...police-Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by R.B.J View Post
    I wonder if Chief Craig is going to punish the patrol supervisor?
    Based on his tone in his interview on Channel 2 last night, he seems to be itching to have the internal investigation done to get to the discipline.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast