Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    These folks have no shame or have any problem in asking other folks for money for things they should have themselves. Kwame asked for money from that pastor for providing a Christmas holiday for his family. Carlita went public asking for donations to pay for the kids' private school tuition. Now they want donations to pay for his appeal. It's too bad these folks don't make an effort to EARN an honest living.
    It's because the family has no concept of what honest is.

I'm in for $20 !!

Check ,Cash, or Charge?
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; January-28-14 at 07:48 PM.

The BOP takes many forms and methods of payment…
    USPS – Address envelope as follows:
    Federal Bureau of Prisons
    Kwame Kilpatrick
    44678-039
    Post Office Box 474701
    Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001
    1. Only Send a Money Order
    2. Obtain a money order and include both the inmate's:
    3. Full committed name AND complete eight-digit register number.
    4. Non-postal money orders and non-government checks will be placed on a 15-day hold.
    5. NO Personal Checks
    6. NO Cash
    NO Additional Items
    Additional items [[non-funds intended for delivery to the inmate) will be disposed of.

Western Union and Money Gram are also accepted
    http://www.bop.gov/inmates/communications.jsp#money

Perhaps a junket? A Detroityes road trip – maybe a Facebook page would help? You know, attending, maybe, or NOT.

SDCC, sounds like a good place for the next DYes picnic!

Not to be crude but his mother has always struck me as at least 10 times dumber and crazier than he is, and she's in the U.S. Congress?

she is just tryin' to pay herself back for the money she spent supporting him in his i'll fated run against the government!

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    I know right?

Just killed an innocent kid for no reason is all!

NAH still not givin a shit.
    Major problem with this scenario though,, While they both are pieces of you know what,,,, Zimmerman was found not guilty,, Kwame, guilty how many times over.... OJ ofcourse got away with a similar thing in the 90s as Zimmerman did... Kwame and company, and Ferguson have tons stashed away in areas no one knows anything about,, There is millions they cannot account for and you know it wasnt lost. Just kinda weird Mama Kilpatrick is out trying to rape the public for more money... All these escapades are just plain pathetic. The blatant nerve of all of these jokers and the total lack of guilt by all of them is even more offensive.

Other cases are irrelevant to Kilpatrick's case[[s). He's a man who exploited his position as mayor to obtain money for himself and friends and family. He cheated on his wife, and attempted to use his power to cover it up. He lied repeatedly- including under oath- to cover up a long list of crimes. His is not a situation where he made one little mistake and it brought about his downfall. He treated his office as a tool for his own benefit, costing taxpayers both a lot of money and an honest administration of their government. In spite of his many, many convictions, he has never expressed remorse about the crimes he committed, nor the 700,000 victims he left in the city; a broken, pathetic family in Michigan and Texas; and the taxpayers that will pay for his 3 hots and cot for a generation or two to come. I hope that on the day of his release, should he live that long, that he is able to be truly contrite. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Other cases are irrelevant to Kilpatrick's case[[s). He's a man who exploited his position as mayor to obtain money for himself and friends and family. He cheated on his wife, and attempted to use his power to cover it up. He lied repeatedly- including under oath- to cover up a long list of crimes. His is not a situation where he made one little mistake and it brought about his downfall. He treated his office as a tool for his own benefit, costing taxpayers both a lot of money and an honest administration of their government. In spite of his many, many convictions, he has never expressed remorse about the crimes he committed, nor the 700,000 victims he left in the city; a broken, pathetic family in Michigan and Texas; and the taxpayers that will pay for his 3 hots and cot for a generation or two to come. I hope that on the day of his release, should he live that long, that he is able to be truly contrite. We'll see.
    Kilpatrick and Co. would seem to be implying that justice wasn't done. On what basis would that make any sense?

Seems to me they are implying racism, that good old chestnut. Try as I might, I don't see a racial motive here. Kwame was an old-school politician of the Irish McNamara school. He was supported by white leaders en mass. Most everyone I know had confidence in him and supported him. His re-election victory? Racism at work? Hardly.

If not racism, where is the injustice they decry? Being convicted does not injustice make.

kwame K commissary fund
    Buy the man a honey bun

Default Fund-raising website 'to free Kwame Kilpatrick from prison' on feds' radar

An online fund-raising effort to free Kilpatrick from prison has caught the attention of the U.S. Attorney’s Office, which says it is looking into the fund — overseen by the ex-mayor’s mother — to determine whether the money is up for grabs.
    Given that Kilpatrick owes millions in restitution to the City of Detroit, the government says, anything Kilpatrick has a financial interest in is subject to seizure.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014012...k-website-free

If we all contribute $.01 each, could we actually deplete the money in this "trust" due to the transaction charge costing more than the amount donated?

That Great Guy Guest

Kwame is just like Governor Snyder. They are both the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    kwame K commissary fund
    Buy the man a honey bun
    His cellmate has probably already given him one. [[not that there's anything wrong with it)

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post
    If we all contribute $.01 each, could we actually deplete the money in this "trust" due to the transaction charge costing more than the amount donated?
    Brilliant "outside of the box" logic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Get back to me when Zimmerman steals $84 mil from an impoverished, dying, City, will you? The only fools I see are the ones that voted for that thieving thug Kilpatrick for a second term and still support him. Long learning curve, I guess.
    Kwami ran against Freeman Hendrix. We will never know how he would have done as mayor, but he did show up 45 minutes late to a speaking engagement that I attended. He had absolutely no excuse, showed no humility and didn't care in the slightest that people were waiting for him. He was quaffed and pomped and wearing a $1000 suit with alligator shoes, he never even took his hat off. What exactly were the people of Detroit supposed to do, not vote? At the time, it seamed like the leaser of two evils... We didn't know how corrupt Kwami was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi and Goodbye View Post
    Kwami ran against Freeman Hendrix. We will never know how he would have done as mayor, but he did show up 45 minutes late to a speaking engagement that I attended. He had absolutely no excuse, showed no humility and didn't care in the slightest that people were waiting for him. He was quaffed and pomped and wearing a $1000 suit with alligator shoes, he never even took his hat off. What exactly were the people of Detroit supposed to do, not vote? At the time, it seamed like the leaser of two evils... We didn't know how corrupt Kwami was.
    I'm a little confused by your post. Who showed up late? Hendrix, Kilpatrick? No matter. I voted for Kilpatrick the first time around, and I agree with you, no one knew @ the time, [[@ least I didn't), how corrupt he was. As things started to come to light, I realized I had screwed up. [[along with a lot of other Detroiters) By the time the trial unfolded, I was totally shocked, disgusted, and outraged. The point of my post was there are people who still feel he was framed, is innocent, or was the best thing since roll on deodorant. Zimmerman is an a-ho', but has nothing to do with Kilpatrick. One wrong doesn't justify another.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-31-14 at 03:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2