Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    You can't have it both ways. Children died in Iraq and people are going apeshit over a mayor and a secretary. Trillions down the fucking toilet and you people are worried about the mayor of Warren giving the secretary raises which if she's an appointee can get. People need to buy a clue on how municipal and government works. There are classified and unclassified employees. Unclassified employees get special perks. Just like your dipshit governor in Michigan does by paying people 250k. Unfuckingreal.
    Why can't one be worried about both issues.

Not everyone has a one-track mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Can I have another option?
    Interestingly, no, you can't. While I certainly thing Cushingberry is the greatest of the evils - the man even dresses like a moronic thug, for chrissake - the three stooges of LBP, Fouts, and Cushingberry, really personify Michigan politics.

You have the incorrigible racist with backassward world views that would make PW Botha blush. Then you've got the goofy, poorly-dressed rustic complete with a steady stream of bizarre behavior, and finally you have the thuggish, moronic urban politico, with race-card always ready at hand.

You basically get to pick one, with small variations. Look at the legislature for the love of God. It's just another reason why Michigan is so jacked up.

I think Warren is rapidly becoming Detroit, racial changes notwithstanding. It's basically just a big white ghetto, no longer having any real desirability to the middle class, what with so many alternatives. There isn't the political leadership to fix it, either, quite obviously. It's like Detroit circa 1975, with its best days behind it.

You can't have it both ways. Children died in Iraq and people are going apeshit over a mayor and a secretary. Trillions down the fucking toilet and you people are worried about the mayor of Warren giving the secretary raises which if she's an appointee can get. People need to buy a clue on how municipal and government works. There are classified and unclassified employees. Unclassified employees get special perks. Just like your dipshit governor in Michigan does by paying people 250k. Unfuckingreal.
    Are we only allowed to be concerned with genocide, now? For the record, I do not like genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Are we only allowed to be concerned with genocide, now? For the record, I do not like genocide.
    Well people need to understand why she would get a raise and a union employee would not.

Well people need to understand why she would get a raise and a union employee would not.
    A classified employee [[union or nonunion) would suddenly have her job reclassified and instead of "secretary-stenographer" she would be reclassified as "administrative assistant" with a higher pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    BB suits are mostly made in China now, and, for the money, are garbage.

You can get a well made Hickey Freeman for around $800 on clearance, or a Hart Schaffner Marx for $500 [[they are made by the same company)

If you're spending much less than that you might as well buy a suit from Target for $100. It's not going to be any worse than a Boss or Polo or whatever from Macys - they're mostly made by the same company, too.

Back on-topic: I could care less on a personal level what Fouts does in his free time. However, sleeping around when he's ostensibly on the city's dime show a distinct lack of character and good judgement.

He's done a decent job for two terms. Time for someone else.
    Not to belabor the point about suits but, Coleman Young was always perfectly dressed, perfectly tailored. I thought he was an absolutely horrid mayor. Kwame's suits were probably expensive but I couldn't tell because they were a little on the zooty side. As far as a $100.00 suit being the equivalent of a Hugo Boss, that was a joke, wasn't it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3