Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Nolan Finley rides to the rescue with a column in the Snooze under the headline of, "In Defense of L. Brooks Patterson"

Well, that's a surprise!
    Like I said above, the love of our kindly local press. No surprise they'd try to come riding to the rescue. They have enabled this asshole far too long. But then he supports and panders to exactly the same prejudices and divisiveness that "reporters" like Finley do.

This region has been so ill for so long.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; January-21-14 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Like I said above, the love of our kindly local press. No surprise they'd try to come riding to the rescue. They have enabled this asshole far too long. But then he supports and panders to exactly the same prejudices and divisiveness that "reporters" like Finley do.

Finley's rescue column had me laughing by paragraph three. I mean, if LBP is the "greatest political talent of the last half century," then why does he just happen to be "impolitic"?

When Finley can't get a few paragraphs without a major act of hypocrisy, even his magic word dust can't hide the BS...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Finley's rescue column had me laughing by paragraph three. I mean, if LBP is the "greatest political talent of the last half century," then why does he just happen to be "impolitic"?

When Finley can't get a few paragraphs without a major act of hypocrisy, even his magic word dust can't hide the BS...
    In Finley's defense, it's hard for him to type with one hand and cradle Patterson's nuts in his other hand.

That's an image........!

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    In Finley's defense, it's hard for him to type with one hand and cradle Patterson's nuts in his other hand.

I'm hoping Detroit gets the Pistons back.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post

Well of course the bias is real. Keep in mind most of the folks working for our local press elected this asshole because he best represents where they stand [[where do you think most of them live after all? Oakland County or Detroit?). Essentially, by not defending him, they would be casting doubt on their own judgement.

L.B. Patterson on Detroit:

"I Never go south of 8 Mile Rd. unless I carry a gun."

L.B. Patterson on Royal Oak TWP:

"I just wish those porch monkeys just get the the f--- out!"

L.B. Patterson on Pontiac:

"I have no business with those watermelon and chicken eating fools!"

L.B. Patterson on Oak Park:

"D---! That place looks like Black Bottom!"

L.B. Patterson on Southfield:

"Oh my God, Southfield went from beautiful ethnic cultural community into instant black ghetto in 20 years. Now the ghetto extends further northwest to Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield. You can thank the Jews and Chaldeans for that!"

L.B. Patterson on Northland Mall:

"I hate shopping there. A matter of fact I don't take my family there at all. It's a place that you can buy weed, heroine, crack and all sorts of illegal products. You can even buy a gun there, too. I heard that black guy got killed there by mall cops. That's how you handle troublemakers!"

That will be L.B. Patterson's quotations when his new book comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

"Oh my God, Southfield went from beautiful ethnic cultural community into instant black ghetto in 20 years. Now the ghetto extends further northwest to Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield. You can thank the Jews and Chaldeans for that!"

"I hate shopping there. A matter of fact I don't take my family there at all. It's a place that you can buy weed, heroine, crack and all sorts of illegal products. You can even buy a gun there, too. I heard that black guy got killed there by mall cops. That's how you handle troublemakers!"

Detroit's black population was abused by the white power structure. Detroit responded witih hate of whites, as expressed by CAY's bigoted reign.

Many white Detroiters became Oakland Country expressed their feelings of disenfranchisement and forced expatriation via the hateful comments of LBP.

They're both pretty much history now. Blacks have now escaped to the 'burbs en mass. And Whites migrate into the city to retake the core, in the opinion of enough people to elect City Council fools.

What do we gain from dissecting this history and figuring out who was wrong about what. Time for love. And from what I see, love is going to push this problem into the recesses of history as from what I see, love is creating a whole lot of family who didn't stay on their side of 8 Mile Road. Soon African American will not sound much different than Italian American. Time and love heal all wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    What do we gain from dissecting this history and figuring out who was wrong about what.
    For one, to keep from repeating the past in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

You "woke up" this morning and imagined this nonsense?

Can't wait for your book.