Highland Park is not what it used to be since the 1970s and 80s. When I was living on Lawton St in Detroit's Martin Park, Pilgrim Village, Univeristy and Palmer Park ghetto hood, ninety percent of the furniture, food and clothes brought my parents bought came from Downtown Highland Park. [[Sears Dept. Store, Highland Appliances and A&P Supermarket). My dad used to work as a middle school football coach and boiler operator at Ford Middle School in Midland St. between Second and Third St. until he was laid-off in 1985. There were crackheads mostly on the west side area of Highland Park ghetto hoods; not the arts and crafts homes and other historic homes where Mr. Boileau used to live. Hamilton St. from 6 mile Rd. to Webb, Second and Third St. was a hub for drug corner dealing and crackhouses in each ghetto hood near a public school and Highland Park Community College District. Now the school is closed and long gone. If you're about to move to that area, be careful! There's no street lighting in the deep ghetto hood since DTE Enengy took them down and only install fewer lighting on main roads. The police are there just a few and its school district is on temporary control by Detroit Public Schools. Highland Park is showing signs of improving its business district. New housing on Midland St. west of Woodward Ave. and new firehouse. But its still got a long way to go.