Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    It's just a template. I have some CSS templates that have default content written in the same language. In other words, she never added her own content. I tried to leave a comment which didn't work either. Good for her because the comment wasn't flattering. Surely she has enough money to pay someone to add content to the site and make sure that it makes sense. If not, why even bother with the site to begin with? Her site is a glaring example of why she shouldn't be on the council. It's completely half-assed and nonsensical - much like her first term as councilperson.
    That's a major no-no in web design, to publish with content. A jpg billboard is much better.

But she probably hasn't even seen it. Her webmaster should be fired.

Default Slates ‘sell’ endorsements

MIRepublic Guest

Congrats on the endorsement, MsChievous.

In other news, Lauara Berman of The Detroit News gage a shout-out/endorsement to Saunteel Jenkins, yesterday.

The Detroit News just released their Charter endorsements, and DYes's own Andy Linn is included!

Congratulations to everyone.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...e-good-choices

Not that I have any endorsing power, but here is my vote for Tuesday after doing research;

Mayor
    Bing

Clerk
    Winfrey

Council
    Gary Brown
    Ken Cockrel
    David Costa
    David Cross
    Lisa Howze
    Matthew Naimi
    Mohamed Okdie
    Charles Pugh
    Andre Spivey

Charter
    Cara Blount
    Arthur Divers
    Freman Hendrix
    Elena Herrada
    Andrew Linn
    Tonya Myers-Philips
    Kourtney Rice Neloms
    Olumba-John Olumba
    Lisa Walinske

Board of Ed
    Lack of Information Available for me to make an educated decision

Quote Originally Posted by Jmil View Post
    "DETROIT — When Detroit voters go to the polls Aug. 8..."
    Guess that's one way to thin out the voting herd.
    Come on, MC!

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Saunteel Jenkins was the long-time girlfriend of Gil Hill [[which relationship must have provided her a lot of traction early on) and is/was Christine Beatty's close friend from girlhood. What do people see in her? She's another re-run in my opinion...
    She never dated Gil Hill. Give me a break. She was close friends with Christine but when the friendship ended when Christine supported KK. They all went to Cass Tech together. Saunteel has my vote.

Michigan Chronicle
    http://www.michronicleonline.com/art...4TH/Page1.html

Charles Pugh, John Bennett, Gary Brown, Jai-Lee Dearing, Kwame Kenyatta, Fred Elliott Hall, Ken Donaldson, Karinda Washington, Sheila Jackson, Saunteel Jenkins, Raphael Johnson, Council president Ken Cockrel Jr., Council member Brenda Jones, Dalton Roberson, Jr., Rev. André L. Spivey, Council member Alberta Tinsley-Talabi, James Tate, and Council member JoAnn Watson.

This is ridiculious, these fools have endorsed all the incumbents except Martha Reeves.

Although Detroit is known as the "Murder City" WE DON"T NEED A MURDERER IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!! There are a lot of ways Raphael Johnson can help make the city better. Public Office IS NOT one of those ways.
    Last edited by Jmil; July-29-09 at 06:39 AM.

Community Coalition

Joann Watson
    Brenda Jones
    Jai-Lee Dearing
    John Bennett
    Raphael Johnson
    Andre Spivey
    Shaunteel Jenkins
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by lo_to_d View Post
    Not that I have any endorsing power, but here is my vote for Tuesday after doing research;

Charter
    Tonya Myers-Philips
    I went to Renaissance with Tonya. She's a good, ethical person who would do right by the city. She ran for the Board of Education in 2005 and has received the Detroit News endorsements.

Here's her site:

http://www.TONYAPHILLIPS.com

The endorsements of BuildingsofDetroit.com PAC. [[hehe)

Council:
    Brown, Cockrel, Foy, Spivey, Jenkins, Pugh, Jones, Howze, Naimi
    Commission:
    Linn, Fedewa, Ford, Blount, Eddings, Heath, Myers-Phillips, Hendrix, Coleman

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KOMPOST View Post
    "DETROIT — When Detroit voters go to the polls Aug. 8..."
    Guess that's one way to thin out the voting herd.
    Come on, MC!
    Anyone who takes the Michigan Citizen seriously should probably stay home anyway.

Gee, now I know why I'm involved in small town politics. My council seat it up for election. Running unopposed, I am.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I have no intention of voting for a guy who sees the condition of gas station rest rooms as being significant enough to deserve mention in his goddam mission statement.

And using enormous print to endorse him doesn't elicit any special consideration for him, either.

"omega has not made any friends yet"
    All of dale's I mean omega's posts are #13. We will soon find out if this translates into Lucky 13 or Unlucky 13.

Here is my prediction for Detroit City Council:

1. Ken Cockeral
    2. Alberta Tinsley-Talabi
    3. Martha Reeeves
    4. Joann Watson
    5. Charles Pugh
    6. Shanteel Jenkins
    7. Gary Brown
    9. Andre Spivey

For Mayor of Detroit:

Dave Bing

For city council by districts[[ in which is going to an evil ward system, coming soon in November.)

Yes by 58% of the vote.
    Last edited by Danny; August-04-09 at 10:33 AM.

Danny, FYI, Council by Districts is not on the ballot in this election. If the referendum succeeds, it will be on the ballot in the November election. The deadline for the referendum's petitions to be submitted is Wednesday.

I believe you are thinking of the Charter Commission primary, which IS taking place tomorrow. Win with Linn!

www.AndrewLinnForDetroit.com
    Last edited by HazenPingree; August-04-09 at 12:40 AM.

MIRepublic Guest

Good luck, Andy! You've got a lot of people here pulling for you.

MIRepublic, thank you very much for the support!

www.AndrewLinnForDetroit.com

Council by districts is a evil ward system. If it happens the each councilman and woman will oversee each Detroit ghettohood creating a its own strong central governmental power then the people. Everyone in Detroit must vote NO on this proposal.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Gee, now I know why I'm involved in small town politics. My council seat it up for election. Running unopposed, I am.......
    Not knowing your 'small town', I would venture a guess and say you didn't have any hot-button issues this past year. Had there been, the candidates would have come out of the woodwork. ;-)

Good luck, Andy! Wish I could vote for you, but I live in......Monroe.....ugh! I think you will do well!

Stromberg2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3