Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: WABX-Air Aces

Hybrid View

Ravine Guest

I called up ABX one night, and asked Dennis Frawley to play a particular John Lennon tune. He refused, stating that he didn't like that cut.
    At the time, I thought, "What a rat-bastard prick." But looking back, I sure liked radio better when that was how some stations were operating.
    Have always ironically used the term, "hauntingly beautiful," which I lifted from Dave Dixon, who would use it to describe cuts that were particularly rough on the ears. He might play something like "Search And Destroy" from Raw Power and describe it with that term.
    Mark Parenteau always struck me as a guy who was probably an annoying asshole in person, but that guy could run together a good 45-minute set of killer tuneage when he was on his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Mark Parenteau always struck me as a guy who was probably an annoying asshole in person, but that guy could run together a good 45-minute set of killer tuneage when he was on his game.
    "Annoying asshole" is far too kindly a description:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/liv...ded_to_prison/