Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    The "Climactic Optimum" of warm weather lasted until about 1100 [[and produced the Viking Age. This era of warm weather ended when the world entered the "Little Ice Age" which lasted till about 1850.

As far as the current cold weather, you have to look at it this way, Obama promised in 2008 that he would fix "Global Warming" and this is evidence that he has delivered on his promise.
    no he didn't and no it isn't.

Another example of the "global warming is wrong because it's REALLY COLD right now where I live" argument. Moronic

i have found two great online scientific tools for looking at weather conditions in the Great Lakes, brought to you by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration...

Interactive snow depth information:
    http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interacti...nt=0&js=1&uc=0
    ^^According to that, there is up to 75inches of snow in parts of Michigan right now.

Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System:
    http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glcfs.html
    ^^there are tools there that allow you to look at current & forecasted ice conditions on the lakes, and its looking like the Great Lakes might actually freeze over again this year. Lake Erie is already close to doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    Two words for all you homeowners: ROOF RAKE, especially if you own a bungalow.
    ive have had a bungalow and a roof rake [[with extensions!) for several years now, and it is a must. i also got a Yooper Scooper which is da best if youre like me and dont believe in snowblowers.
    Last edited by WaCoTS; January-08-14 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    i have found two great online scientific tools for looking at weather conditions in the Great Lakes, brought to you by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration...

Interactive snow depth information:
    http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interacti...nt=0&js=1&uc=0
    ^^According to that, there is up to 75inches of snow in parts of Michigan right now.

Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System:
    http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glcfs.html
    ^^there are tools there that allow you to look at current & forecasted ice conditions on the lakes, and its looking like the Great Lakes might actually freeze over again this year. Lake Erie is already close to doing so.

ive have had a bungalow and a roof rake [[with extensions!) for several years now, and it is a must. i also got a Yooper Scooper which is da best if youre like me and dont believe in snowblowers.
    Actually, this is even better. My husband loves his:

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Actually, this is even better. My husband loves his:
    I got one of those for my dad but he doesn't use it. Maybe I'll take it back from him.

And just because stuff like this bothers me, this isn't a La Nina winter--there isn't an El Nino or La Nina happening right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2