Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
Holy Shhpit! I wish I knew about this thread earlier, and now it's Halloween time. Okay. Yeah, many of us know about the Northville and Eloise Asylum tunnels and the Whitney being Haunted, but humor me as I throw out these. For starters, I should add that I've never seen an actual apparition/manifestation, but have witnessed poltergeist activity.

First off, the Easttowne Theater I once worked at was haunted [[Urban Ghosts has a posting from April of this year-shows those old, lush red chairs we often used). It was built by crafty-types in the '30's and had many sealed off basements and sub-basements [[even an inaccessible bowling alley) going down quite a Poe-like stretch into the deep earth, according to what one engineer [[who later wrote a book on the Train Station) decoded from the blueprints. Our very rational Hoosier treasurer saw apparitions in the mirrors of the theater dressing rooms. Me, it was poltergeist activity.

Many swore the 655 house a few doors down from the Wayne State Mortuary Science Building was haunted. Yeah, Children REALLY Shouldn't Play with Dead Things [[and I'm glad to say I was never a party to any of that!). I, personally, only saw a hypnagogic [[or is it pompic?) vision of some relevance.

The razed Butcherhouse on Joseph Campau and Hunt was very haunted. It was a slaughterhouse on the far reaches of Eastern Market, was a hide-out for the Purple Gang [[where they utilized that chute going down to the basement for other reasons), and later, a hang-out for the Panthers in the '70s where a fatal shoot-out with cops occurred. I've had to abbreviate this post from my previous one, otherwise, I'd go into all of the details and feelings of these locations [[including the "Beware of the Troth" warning on the basement door of the Butcherhouse).

Oh, and as laughable as it may seem, the Fairlane Towncenter was haunted. Many folks who working there swore they saw a tall, thin man in black stalking about the back of the stores, areas in back, in the veinous, shadowy corridors throughout. I never saw that, but I did witness a lot of poltergeist activity there. I'd go into the feelings one got from all of those places or all the other attached phenomenon, but I guess I over-extended my "quick-post". I should add that of the four I mention, only the Fairlane Towncenter remains, for now.....
Personally I would love to hear more, this type of stuff fascinates me to no end! I want to hear stories about the Butcherhouse and Theater's creepy ass basements and such. That's the stuff you never hear about when you read urban exploration blogs or people recounting their party times.