For historical purposes, below are links to the previous new year prediction threads:

And here we go:
  1. With the bankruptcy still fresh in the minds of millions, more international and national events start avoiding Detroit due to this.
  2. MDOT announces a $48 billion project to build a freeway that starts at the new international bridge and merges with I-96 at Grand River Avenue. It will contain a total of 12 lanes and have a speed limit of 85 MPH.
  3. MDOT also reveals that the widenings of I-94 between I-96 and Conner and I-75 between 8 Mile Road and M-59 will each contain a total of 12 lanes and also have 85 MPH speed limits.
  4. Tolls are added to the Belle Isle Bridge, now that Belle Isle is a state park.
  5. The Heidelberg Project becomes history as the last remaining buildings are burned down by arson, even with increased security.
  6. Unexpectedly, Macy's shutters their Northland and Eastland stores, citing very low traffic.
  7. By the end of the year, SMART has slowly started to replace their entire fixed-route fleet.
  8. The Detroit-Ann Arbor commuter rail project suddenly stops for good and the existing railcars are sold to other commuter agencies across North America.
  9. Pistons continue their slow rebuilding, even after a gunman storms into Tom Gores' house and assassinates him.
  10. 25% of the city of Detroit gets working street lights.