Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Tre-Way Apts Corktown

Just wondering what info you guys can provide to me about this building. This building stood on the lot that is now community parking lot in Corktown. Cannot find a damn thing on google, all I've ever seen is a photo taken in 1976 http://www.flickr.com/photos/corktow...57628099965522

Had a fire in 1989, torn down in 1993. Was a favorite hotel with railroad men before it became your standard flophouse.

One night coming home around Roosevelt Park, I thought I saw flocks of pidgeons walking around in the alley between the Treway and the Mercury, but when I stopped for the light I realized that the area was crawling with rats, I was one of many cheering when it burned

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Had a fire in 1989, torn down in 1993. Was a favorite hotel with railroad men before it became your standard flophouse.
    It seemed to me it was around in a semi secured state after 1989. I knew the 2nd to last or 3rd to last owner. He was the last owner from when that building was active,after he sold it or lost it that building wasn't used. The last I heard he was elderly and not well. It did end up as a flophouse. I thought it was standing empty for about 15 years before it was torn down. I'm almost sure it was torn down after 2000, I thought it was still around 7 or 8 years ago. I could be wrong.