Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fatburgers

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 View Post
    5 Guys Burgers and Fries all of a sudden looks like a bargain.
    Five Guys *is* a bargain. Try and get a burger that tastes like beef for less than $5 somewhere. I've heard from a distributor they use the best ground beef you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I dunno. Bates is the greatest, but since it's not in Detroit, no one in this forum gives a care.
    Greens, 7 Mile and Schaefer or 6 Mile and Wyoming [[back in the day)

The one Orchard Lake and 10 Mile just isn't the same.

telway, bates, brays, greens... so many sliders.

the problem with a $10 burger is that the people working there for $7.50/hr dont eat there. its a serious problem when the chefs and waitstaff at a restaurant dont eat the food , because no one ever taste tests it and the food goes downhill quick.

plus fatburgers is a chain. cant eat at chains. drove past it the other day.

fuddruckers haha. also saw a new hardees. theres been a few of those that closed over the years. too bad fuddruckers got rid of their videogames/ arcades. that was probably the only reason i wanted to eat there as a kid. forget the food , gimme the quarters and let me beat some games with my greasy frenchfry coated fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    also saw a new hardees.
    Where exactly was that at?

must have been john r north of 9mile.
    maybe its not new?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    must have been john r north of 9mile.
    maybe its not new?
    That one has been there for nearly a decade and replaced a shuttered Burger King whose building replaced a former Burger Chef that last housed another Hardee's [[ironically enough)! Therefore, that one's not new at all. Plus, I think this is the only operating Hardee's that has a children's play area, however, a long-shuttered outlet in Pinconning had a ball pit inside.

There's another Hardee's on Mound Road in either Sterling Heights or Warren that also replaced a former Burger King just over five years ago.

Those two are the only two Hardee's in Metro Detroit and that is definitely drastically different from 20 years ago, when they were all over the region.
    Last edited by mtburb; December-29-13 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Five Guys *is* a bargain. Try and get a burger that tastes like beef for less than $5 somewhere. I've heard from a distributor they use the best ground beef you can buy.
    The Ham Shop in Greektown uses the same beef that Five Guys uses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2