Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

the show is COMPLETELY staged.I work in the Industry and had the pleasure to take my Brother, Niece and Nephew to the store because they like the show. My Brother wanted a picture with the family and got it. Then a Production Assistant asked if the would like to be on the Show. My Brother finally relented and the Production Assistant came up with a story that my Brother had to Pawn his camera to get gas money for their ride back to Georgia. and as the price was LOW...he is supposed to get mad and rant and rave until a bouncer comes over and physically removes him. My Niece and Nephew then were to start screaming, "don't hurt our Daddy". they decided against the children screaming and crying because they did not want to project a image of treating kids badly. he was outfitted with a mic and on they went to film the scene. Each and every episode is posed and scripted. NO reality there!!!

I cancelled cable. There is one TV in the house, in the den, and it has a DVD player hooked up to it. It doesn't get any channels.

I still have Netflix, but at least I can be selective with what I watch. Cable is an abomination and Comcast is shittier than ever. Save yourself the $70+ per month and ditch that freaking garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I cancelled cable. There is one TV in the house, in the den, and it has a DVD player hooked up to it. It doesn't get any channels.

I still have Netflix, but at least I can be selective with what I watch. Cable is an abomination and Comcast is shittier than ever. Save yourself the $70+ per month and ditch that freaking garbage.
    I'm heading in that direction, the wife is slowly but surely starting to agree.

GUSHI Guest

i love having hundred of channels with nothing good to watch.

I've long ditched cable [[over 7 years). I have converter box and ROKU devises to stream Netflix and other ROKU viewable free stream channels. The rest I watch is DVD's or regular tv... Cable it just not worth the price. Though a guilty pleasure is to visit a friend or family member that does have cable for those few channels I miss.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    I'm heading in that direction, the wife is slowly but surely starting to agree.

Hardcore Pawn is living proof that Darwin was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeabilly View Post
    Hardcore Pawn is living proof that Darwin was wrong.
    Who was it said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people."?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    the show is COMPLETELY staged.I work in the Industry and had the pleasure to take my Brother, Niece and Nephew to the store because they like the show. My Brother wanted a picture with the family and got it. Then a Production Assistant asked if the would like to be on the Show. My Brother finally relented and the Production Assistant came up with a story that my Brother had to Pawn his camera to get gas money for their ride back to Georgia. and as the price was LOW...he is supposed to get mad and rant and rave until a bouncer comes over and physically removes him. My Niece and Nephew then were to start screaming, "don't hurt our Daddy". they decided against the children screaming and crying because they did not want to project a image of treating kids badly. he was outfitted with a mic and on they went to film the scene. Each and every episode is posed and scripted. NO reality there!!!
    Agreed. everyone who is filmed in Les Gold's pawn store is microphoned and has to agree to be filmed. I saw that episode of the guy pawning an item needing gas. It's a plot that has been used a couple of times on the show, I think. The show is borderline exploitational, showing skanks and lowlifes doing anything they can to raise some cash. There's very little merit in the show. How interesting can a day in the life of a pawn shop be? I've heard Les Gold and his family are involved in charity events, but I can't confirm it. Les Gold and crew also sell the items in their shop inventory on eBay - their prices are steep and overpriced.

It's a pawn shop. Of course they want to low ball the price as much as possible. They need to make a profit. At best you'll get 50% of the value.

thumbs down.
    i dont have TV, but a friend of mine likes to watch this show for "entertainment" value even tho its obviously staged.

a bunch of whiny drama-brat shit like Jersey Shore or whatever. that aint the D that i'm from. take that shit back to the coast.

where the hell is "the heart of Detroit's 8 Mile" anyway? lol. still trying to figure that one out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2