Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
    I don't want to reignite some flame war about the Lafayette Building, but has anyone else noticed the apparent [[and recent) collapse of the top floor into the next floor down?

If you stand on Shelby and look into the "V," you can see that at the vertex [[to the right, the Lafayette side), it looks like there is brick and debris filling up the second-to-the-top floor windows. Two weeks ago, it just looked like the mullion below the top window had come off; today it looked much worse.

Has anyone seen this with binoculars? Any ideas on what is going on up there?
    How about a picture with a $10 digital camera so I know what you're talking about.

Bummer. I'm staying at the Book Cadillac again this comming Friday. If nobody has snapped any pics before then I'll try and take a few and post them.