Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
PQZ- I have an unconnected to the thread question, but you seem to be in the know on the Book Cadillac.

There was another thread on long buried/covered streams. One poster SludgeDaddy mentioned that part of Savoyard Creek can still be found near the intersection of Michigan and Washington. I seem to remember that in the sub, sub basement of the B/C there was a water source found, but it couldn't be capped. The soultion was install a sump pit.

My question to you, is that water source in the sub, sub basement of the B/C an existing part of the Savoyard?
Detroit soil, especially the closer you get to the river, is nearly of a slurry consistency, that is - its clayish with a very high water content. The deeper you dig the more water will seep through concrete and foundation seams and cracks. At some point, it is worthless to dig any deeper because the water just cannot be stopped. I am not aware of the Savoyard Creek intersecting the building anywhere, but if was in the genreal area, say 100-200 feet, the creek has likely been filled in and the water diffuses through the soil, saturating everything around it rather than running in a specific channel.