Quote Originally Posted by PQZ View Post
What other building is set to be demolished with DDA funds? Even if there were buildings in the DDA budget set to be demoed over the next two years, you now have ANOTHER policy question....which buildings do you mothball?
That's great. I'd like to be able to decide. Just as soon as the DDA and DEGC develop a real plan for analyzing the structural integrity of all those buildings and making the information publicly available so everybody can have some input. Then we'll have the benefit of their wisdom when putting together a plan. Wouldn't that be Step One in any reasonable effort to develop, redevelop and demolish? But I don't see any of that happening. What I see is somebody who can talk numbers, berate people for having an alternate vision, but apparently can't spell the name of the park his old employer is going to "save." In fact, I see an increasingly whiny, upset, small-minded person who is so obsessed with defending his old employer's thesis that he looks increasingly desperate.

Do you mothball one building for the price of the demo of three buildings? How do you mothball the other two? Which building gets mothballed and which two are left open to the scrappers without even a vague attempt to secure them?
Right now, they're ALL left open for scrappers to get into them. And then we have to demolish them because they've been neglected.

What do you do NEXT year when you have no money to mothball either building? What program do you cut then?
I already gave some ideas for cuts. Did you see those?

Grow a fucking pair of balls and answer which program you cut....
Oh, I already answered that question. Did you miss that?

And, by the way, that is exactly the sort of rhetoric that makes you look desperate, condescending, out of touch, and totally unsympathetic. In short, if your attitude is anything like the attitude of a typical DDA or DEGC staffer, then the people who distrust those organizations would seem to have an accurate estimation of them.

Do you want light rail or do you want a building or two mothablled. You can't have both. Make a choice.
That is a false choice. We don't have light rail.