I asked you before and I'll ask it again. Document the claim. I've seen nothing that shows that this demo. is coming from anything other than DDA dollars. There is no "demo fund" within the DDA budget that's for demolition exclusively.

And as I detailed earlier, it is my understanding that the $1.4 million is cominmg from the $8 million demo fund that is out of state funds. I amy not be exaclty coorect on that but it is my understanding.

Your demands to ask what to be cut. Give us the numbers. I have no problem reviewing the DDA budget and taking a whack at what's worthwhile and what's not. Where are the numbers? I found the old DDA budget digging through Council committee documents on the CoD's web site. You can't even find a list of the DDA members much less the budget on the CoD web site. As you appear to have an in at the DDA or at least know who signs your checks, see if they can share with you the DDA budget and projections of revenues for the tax authority. Then post the numbers or links to the documents.

I don't even live in the State of Michigan, and I certainly don't have direct access to the DDA budget but I did post a listing of DDA projects takend from public newspaper sources that are all from the FY 2010 budget.

I have simply asked which of the announced DDA projects / funding centers anyone would cut to pay for the mothballing of the Lafayette.

Not a single person here has even been able do that simple exercise...all have wandered off into theoreticals.

I'll repost here:

* $1.9 million for 1515 Griswold - knowing this will result in the building staying as is for many more years.
* Cut light rail funding from $9 million to $6 million
* Kill the Small Business Loan Transaction for the next two years
* Eliminate Capital Park improvements.
* Eliminate half the funding for Clean Detroit for the next four years.

Go on. Do it. Pick one or two. Play George Jackson. Play DDA board.
No need to spend hours reading the budget - just play around with what is published - what would you trade in order to get a mothballed Lafayette?