Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Came again tonight, love it here. Beer hall is not quite done, but it looks close and should be a ton of fun, especially in the summer. Watching the MSU/UM hockey game with volume, plus Red Wings and Pistons on. The people are very friendly all around and whiskey, beer and sports is always a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Wanted to try this place, but no food is extremely disappointing. Where the hell am I going to get food to carry/order in Detroit late when I'm at the bar. Yuck.
    ^^ Yeah, but if only it was a cool bar!!!! Yuck!

3 blocks up is berts, 2 blocks up an 2 over is cutters for food that is good. if you need to get in your car for the ride home, try honest johns, bucharest cafe, cass cafe and others. go downtown and hit up a greektown restaurant, buffalo wild wings. go out michigan avenue and try nemos and the other bars with food nearby.

why not have a nice dinner and then stop in magees for beer, whiskey and table sports?

Pat, I don't remember you bartending there, I remember you behind the meat counter in Gratior Central. I remember Brian bartending and Richard and his wife and I remember Virginia as the waitress and I was there a lot on Saturdays. Did you just work on week days?

I bartended there, when it first opened. Bevs sister was a waitress. Walter was the cook. I only worked there , when i was laid off, from my real job.

Eastern Market residents and patrons won't have to wait much longer for real choices in the dining and drinking department. Magee's is sort of a game changer because it is open till 2 am every day but there is Butcher's Inn re-opening, italian-style tapas at Supino's new restaurant, fine dining at Frontera [[which possibly has a rename in order), and craft liquor at Detroit City Distillery and I just got word of Antietam from Easter Detroit, which will specialize in small plates and brunch... finally, hope of a real brunch spot in the market.

ED: What kind of restaurant?
    JR: Well, I centered the restaurant around the draft handles. My own crafted cocktails, house made sodas, and local beer will be tapped and late night happy hour will be the huge draw. The menu will feature small plates and I'm currently looking for a chef. Saturday and Sundays will be huge brunch days, featuring my "Absolute Best Bloody Mary In America." That's a real award I've won.

http://detroit.eater.com/archives/2014/01/17/joe-robinson-on-whiskey-rebellion-and-his-big-future-plans.php#more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2