Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

New Era potato chips were always my favorite and I was disappointed when Frito-Lay bought them out, although their graphics seemed quite similar to New Era's. The company actually bought only certain Michigan-grown potatoes for a consistent taste and quality, according to a Detroit News article circa 1965. There were several local or regional brands then: New Era, Better Made [[which had a shop on W. Vernor), Vita Boy [[whose very greasiness I loved as a kid) and Superior [[with its hokey commercials touting their "po-tah-to" chips). I'll buy them just for memories - when I stock up on Sanders Burbanet chocolates, Vernors, and that elusive hybrid, Sanders Vernors ice cream. Not to mention Mallow-Cups and Goo-Goo Clusters.
    Last edited by A2Mike; December-10-13 at 06:50 PM.