You are correct DTGuy. I had the wrong rates. I did some research last night and confirmed it today. I will not be driving for UberX. By the time I figure my tax liability, their 20%, and mileage driven that's Uber related [[fare miles and deadhead miles) there's no money to be made. Tack carwashes and whatnot onto that and it's definitely not worth it. I figured I could put a little bit of money into my pocket [[and not just into my car's) with the Uber fares, but driving a Buick Lacrosse for UberX is just not worth it. BTW, back in the 90's when I was around cabs a lot, you could lease a cab for 12 hours for $48. After you paid the lease and your gas used, the rest of the money was yours, including tips. [[I could be wrong, but this is how I recall it being) I don't think that using ones own vehicle, if you want it to stay nice and not a piece of shit like most cabs in Detroit, leaves much room for profit with UberX, especially when tips are strongly discouraged. I think, in my case, the tip would have been the deal breaker. If Uber did not discourage tips and just left it at "Tips are at the rider's discretion and are not required" I might have considered it.