Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

BTW, it's smoke IN mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by ismoakrack View Post
    BTW, it's smoke IN mirrors.
    Uhhh. No it isn't. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_and_mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by greekt0wn View Post
    How do all of you Detroit lifers keep falling for the smoke and mirrors? If this was Chicago, New York, D.C., or SF a 9 story building would be completed by this summer.
    Do you want me to get a rag so you can wipe up all the drool puddles around you? Because damn dude, things don't just magically get completed in roughly six months. Not to mention comparing Detroit to Chicago? NYC? SF? DC? Damn dude. Just poor trolling skills.

I personally look at these announcements with cautious optimism, knowing that many projects never get started, but sincerely hoping they do.

On side note: The Subway Sandwich Shop is now closed for good, sign has been removed. Will their be an announcement coming soon for the site on Warren Ave. & Woodward Ave., hopefully? This development, plus the plans to build Wayne St. Business School downtown and renovations of the Student Center building.

Wayne State University will be on a roll if plans for the Warren Ave. & Woodward Ave. is announced soon. What will be located there? The hotel and conference center is planned for Cass Ave. & Canfield St., so what else but more residential for WSU?

Are they making this?

Quote Originally Posted by xrockerboy View Post
    Are they making this?
    It's in their 5 year plan for 2016-2020. My guess is that they're still looking into it and trying to work with a private investor. I really doubt it would be completed by 2016 though.

5 year plan:
    http://facilities.wayne.edu/pdf/fy16_capital_outlay.pdf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3