Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    In Illinois, the knockout game is often referred to as "polar bear hunting", maybe you can take a guess as to why.

I'll give you a hint: it's not because they are targeting large, hairy men.
    Well if they're saying that it appears to be racially motivated and a problem.

So have all the good racially charged people out there have their scorecards?

Polar bear hunting - check
    Shooting range images of Treyvon - check
    GP Police mocking 'coloreds' - check
    Malice Green - check
    Random white people jumped by groups of black kids - check
    White people killed by black people - ?
    Slavery - check

What the fuck do you guys want? Decrease the racial angst. Detroit and this country doesn't need more of it. Looks like this story IS getting the "whites being targeted" narrative. There you have it. Al Sharpton has better things to confront then this.

I wish we could modify the meaning of this thread title toward "celebrating the cuties of Detroit."

Quote Originally Posted by 4V4DMD View Post

You seem to be the only one with a scorecard. Acknowledging a relevant fact in regard to this story is not trying to score points.

It's not a game, and nobody is keeping score. Wrong is wrong, regardless of who does it. Racism is racism, regardless of who it's directed against. And just because you are keeping score and "white people are ahead" doesn't somehow diminish or excuse those who perpetrate this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    It's basically blacks attacking whites. Where's the outrage?
    Coming from White folks that their fear from black people will enforce pre-segregated laws against them.

Black folks who TKO any white folks for thrill is life in prison without parole.

Quote Originally Posted by 4V4DMD View Post

Polar bear hunting - check
    Shooting range images of Treyvon - check
    GP Police mocking 'coloreds' - check
    Malice Green - check
    Random white people jumped by groups of black kids - check
    White people killed by black people - ?
    Slavery - check

What the fuck do you guys want? Decrease the racial angst. Detroit and this country doesn't need more of it. Looks like this story IS getting the "whites being targeted" narrative. There you have it. Al Sharpton has better things to confront then this.

Black folks had been racially, segregated oppressed for over 400 years. Today they are still being jumped! They get their civil rights, but most of them don't know how to embrace it and endure freedom. Long time ago they were hungry for freedom, fighting for freedom. Now they are starving for freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    I just heard about this today on 97.1 the Ticket. I will be extra alert when I see a group of teenagers coming in my direction. This is some sick shit. If caught, the whole group should be charged with some type of crime.
    It wont take long before the victims will start to take the issue in their own hands and blow these kids heads off with their gun[[s). Cant say they havent asked for it.. Ofcourse you know how the media will play it. These kids do need to be taught a lesson big time, and Im sure they will in time,

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    It wont take long before the victims will start to take the issue in their own hands and blow these kids heads off with their gun[[s). Cant say they havent asked for it.. Ofcourse you know how the media will play it. These kids do need to be taught a lesson big time, and Im sure they will in time,
    Given the reports that young blacks have been targeting and attacking jews in NYC, could be Bernhard Goetz all over again.

Chief Craig had said on one radio show that he never heard of this game being played in Detroit and wanted to know what side of town had this game occured and when

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Chief Craig had said on one radio show that he never heard of this game being played in Detroit and wanted to know what side of town had this game occured and when
    Two weeks ago, Cass and Fort...one block north of Cobo Hall. Walking to his car from 150 Jefferson at 5 o'clock, with "a fair amount of people around".

Not sure if there was a police report filed, but there should be a 911 call logged.

Which would the Chief use to 'know' all the stuff that happens around town?!

I wonder if the rowdy group of kids on Washington Boulevard walking along the island and first lane of traffic a few nights ago around the same time were up to this, too...they were headed towards the Book-Cadillac. I came up behind them and had to blast my horn to get them off the road. So at least I know they can hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Two weeks ago, Cass and Fort...one blo
    ck north of Cobo Hall. Walking to his car from 150 Jefferson at 5 o'clock, with "a fair amount of people around".

Not sure if there was a police report filed, but there should be a 911 call logged.

Which would the Chief use to 'know' all the stuff that happens around town?!

I wonder if the rowdy group of kids on Washington Boulevard walking along the island and first lane of traffic a few nights ago around the same time were up to this, too...they were headed towards the Book-Cadillac. I came up behind them and had to blast my horn to get them off the road. So at least I know they can hear.
    Chief Craig was on the Angelo Henderson Show on WCHB radio station. Angelo Henderson read off the crime report at the beginning of his show daily. He feign ignorant to the knockout game. He is also the leader of a patrol group called The Detroit 300. I dont believe that he and Chief Craig dont know anything about it. I feel that they are ignoring the elephant
    that is in the room such as other media outlets had done

First off, in Detroit its not considered as a knock out game but if you want to call it that fine. Its basically what we would like to call "random bodies".
    When some kids get together they just get to knocking folks out for no reason, this is nothing new at all. Everybody in my hood did it growing up, just groups of kids asking for trouble. They dont target a ceartin race or gender they just start swinging, simple as that. just be careful out here and anytime you see a mob of teens just stay out they way, for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313;41
    First off, in Detroit its not considered as a knock out game but if you want to call it that fine. Its basically what we would like to call "random bodies".
    When some kids get together they just get to knocking folks out for no reason, this is nothing new at all. Everybody in my hood did it growing up, just groups of kids asking for trouble. They dont target a ceartin race or gender they just start swinging, simple as that. just be careful out here and anytime you see a mob of teens just stay out they way, for real.
    I dont remember the elderly being part of this sick game nor any grown people. No excuses. Let the punk kids who practice this beware when they come across the wrong person or a mayor and police chief who will get tough on this type of foolishness

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Let the punk kids who practice this beware when they come across the wrong person or a mayor and police chief who will get tough on this type of foolishness
    Get tough? Not a chance ...

What Detroit 'gets' is a bunch of Tea Party Nazis who sell the city out to the bankers and the auto company executives who robbed the city blind then destroyed it in the first instance.

The auto industry killed 33,000 Americans last year and who cares? Those 33,000 are as dead as it is possible to be. Every one of those 33,000 has a grieving family.

Thirty-three thousand is a medium-sized airliner crashing every other day. How long does anyone think the airline industry would last with that body count? There were 900+ highway fatalities in Michigan in 2012. This is written off as the cost of doing the auto industry's dirty business ... nobody cares b/c 'everyone drives'.

Oh ... some black dudes punched some unexpecting white dudes in the mouth. What a tragedy. How about the 400+ homicides in Detroit last year? Most of the victims were black. So were most of the other crime victims in Detroit.

All I know is that the media coverage of this "game" is scaring senior citizens. These folks are generally too old to go walking around in any neighborhoods, including their own, but they're freaked out over the possibility of being attacked in parking lots. Some of them are afraid to go Christmas shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by steve from virginia View Post
    Get tough? Not a chance ...

What Detroit 'gets' is a bunch of Tea Party Nazis who sell the city out to the bankers and the auto company executives who robbed the city blind then destroyed it in the first instance.

The auto industry killed 33,000 Americans last year and who cares? Those 33,000 are as dead as it is possible to be. Every one of those 33,000 has a grieving family.

Thirty-three thousand is a medium-sized airliner crashing every other day. How long does anyone think the airline industry would last with that body count? There were 900+ highway fatalities in Michigan in 2012. This is written off as the cost of doing the auto industry's dirty business ... nobody cares b/c 'everyone drives'.

Oh ... some black dudes punched some unexpecting white dudes in the mouth. What a tragedy. How about the 400+ homicides in Detroit last year? Most of the victims were black. So were most of the other crime victims in Detroit.
    I'm sorry... WHAT? The auto industry killed 33000 people? Not drunk drivers? Not distracted drivers? Nope. It was those evil killing machines that the Big 3 build solely to do violence to the people. What a preposterous assertion. This is like those news articles that say something like "SUV careens into crowd killing six". The SUV didn't do anything as the SUV is not a sentient being. The SUV did what it was commanded to do by its driver. Let's get serious.

Seems like it isn't just a Detroit thing. Actually I remember it from the 50's. Not in Detroit, and not a black on white situation. Just a bunch of young meatheads of all persuasions acting with stupidity.
    This is nothing new, but nothing good.

Terrifying 'knockout' game assaults spread across U.S. - CNN.com

I'm sorry I had to link to CNN, due to their lack of investigative integrity, lack of details and overall inability to present a quality story, but it was what I ran across and thought I'd post it.

greekt0wn Guest

I can't think of the last time I've encountered a group of black teens walking by me. Where do you members work or visit that you're constantly accosted by groups of teens?

Quote Originally Posted by greekt0wn View Post
    I can't think of the last time I've encountered a group of black teens walking by me. Where do you members work or visit that you're constantly accosted by groups of teens?
    I don't believe anyone has brought up the term "constantly accosted", so I am so inclined to conclude you are forcing some group form of strawmen argument upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by greekt0wn View Post
    Have you walked down any street off of Chene North of Mack? Summertime is ripe for these assaults. Ive had numerous encounters with Ding Dongs wanting to make a name for themselves. I wont go anywhere near 6 or 7 mile, it makes Chene look tame in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Have you walked down any street off of Chene North of Mack? Summertime is ripe for these assaults. Ive had numerous encounters with Ding Dongs wanting to make a name for themselves. I wont go anywhere near 6 or 7 mile, it makes Chene look tame in comparison.
    Someone need to tell Cheif Craig about these areas for he wanted to know

Quote Originally Posted by steve from virginia View Post
    And the excuses/justification/defense begins! You make me sick. A homeless man was murdered in New Jersey by three teenagers playing this "game." Two others died in Syracuse from it. Another fatality in St. Louis. Etc etc etc.

Are their lives worth less than Trayvon Martin's life?

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._out_brut.html

[[1) I don't blame the guy for shooting at all.

[[2) When I was 10 years old, I thought it would be funny to stick a thumbtack under a girl's butt as she was rocking back and forth. Like a gag from the cartoons.

Obviously, that ended badly. With her sobbing, going home for the school day, and me feeling horrible about that choice 25 years later.

What's clear is that these kids are acting solely on impulse, not really thinking through what it is they're really doing. But as soon as they're facing some real life consequences for it, you can tell that they are in way over their head but that they know they deserve it.

The real tragedy is that they should be getting these lessons at a much younger age, with stupider stuff where you can learn the lessons without having to pay the price with jailtime, a gunshot wound, or death.
    Dude got shot in the ass. Imagine how he'll go back to his old crew and family with that on his resume.

Default Community Leaders Step Up to Fight

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Well put, Al....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast