Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    You clearly missed the point of my post, which isn't surprising.
    lame dig without cause or purpose

you made what point...you spoke in a circle

Those of us who "carry" will not hesitate to use it, should we be attacked in this manner. If I can get to my piece, I will do my best to give them what they deserve. And I'm not the only old lady who feels this way. There was one on the news a few weeks ago...I think she was in her 90's.....and she nailed the kid who tried to knock her out!!! Just because we are old, doesn't mean we're defenseless.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldlady View Post
    Those of us who "carry" will not hesitate to use it, should we be attacked in this manner. If I can get to my piece, I will do my best to give them what they deserve. And I'm not the only old lady who feels this way. There was one on the news a few weeks ago...I think she was in her 90's.....and she nailed the kid who tried to knock her out!!! Just because we are old, doesn't mean we're defenseless.
    Bless you, GOL. Give 'em hell.

Default Which newspaper gives you the advice you can use concerning your safety...

The talk of MSM omitting information of ethnic identities concerning crime is on display in Minneapolis.

Same story, same warning issued by the LEO's. Which newspaper gives you information you can use?

The PC version

The non PC version

Last edited by Dan Wesson; January-02-14 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    The talk of MSM omitting information of ethnic identities concerning crime is on display in Minneapolis.
    Wow. I've heard the allegation that there is a systematic suppression of race in MSM, but I never quite believed it. What struck me here is that they are not suppressing the identity of the victims -- just the perps. What is the policy here? Why would they do this? They report gender. Why not race? If not race, then why gender?
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; January-02-14 at 11:50 AM.

^^^ Hah! Another effort, it can be argued, to some extent of PC style media in obedience of prescribed 'social justice' orthodoxy; not addressing specific problems.

Useless. As individuals and groups go forth with their own conclusions, perceptions to their own ends, and responses anyway...

This is a factor not quite controllable by media spin.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-03-14 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    lame dig without cause or purpose

you made what point...you spoke in a circle
    *I* wasn't saying that *I* am the consensus. I was referring to the fact that multiple posters in this thread either dismissed the existence of this game or downplayed it. My post was sarcastically mocking that. But you missed that and got super pissy and defensive for some reason, even though I didn't even reply to any of your posts and wasn't even speaking to you.

But again, not surprising from the guy who thinks there's a government conspiracy at work in creating a low-level hum in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    *I* wasn't saying that *I* am the consensus. I was referring to the fact that multiple posters in this thread either dismissed the existence of this game or downplayed it. My post was sarcastically mocking that. But you missed that and got super pissy and defensive for some reason, even though I didn't even reply to any of your posts and wasn't even speaking to you.

But again, not surprising from the guy who thinks there's a government conspiracy at work in creating a low-level hum in Detroit.
    Again with The Hum, give it respect with the caps, will ya please?! Until proven otherwise, and you can't...you must not use it to judge all of my other posts, or you risk having to believe them all if it is found true.

That said, I did not see your un-notated sarcasm post in the light of your fabulous previous posts...there was no way for me to know that obscure fact.

Given the ambiguity, I defend the aformentioned uber-pissiness.

Thank you for the clarification, I can now go back to practicing...and hopefully perfecting...my flying feck.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; January-03-14 at 12:25 AM.

This is a bit off-topic, but we have been having the same problems here in Sydney, Australia...

Aussies are a lot like the Irish: we like to drink too much.

I work in the Australian media [[as a photographer and journalist), but my mates are mostly TV camera-men. The local Sydney TV networks here have no TV crews on the overnight 'graveyard' shift because corporate TV media types consider graveyard work too expensive and too dangerous - yes, $10,000 cameras get smashed up all the time, as do camera men.

Anyway, here we don't call it the "knock out game", we call it a 'King Hit' and/or binge drinking....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/o...-1226805167994

In my opinion, booze only brings out what's already in a person - they can't blame their bad behaviour on alcohol, only on themselves.

[[The attached news story refers to Kings Cross, the red light district of Sydney, Australia, just up the road from where I live in Bondi Beach... )

saw this posted elsewhere, thought i should pass it along. watch out people in seattle!

turtleroast 5 days ago

In Seattle we are not laughing.

There is a new trend called the "Smoke Out Game".

We have a gang of grown men on skateboards surrounding the elderly...blowing weed smoke in their faces. These basement dwelling fiends shout taunts like "BAM, How's your arthritis now, bro".

No one here is laughing...well maybe the victims.

Here is the text of an e-mail being circulated through offices downtown.

Several suspects have been identified in participating in the “KNOCKOUT GAME” in the Central Business District. Suspects are known to frequent Capitol Park during the hours of 5:00 pm EDT to 7:00 pm EDT. Suspects have been seen loitering near the Washington Blvd. Apartments at 234 State St., State Deli and Groceries at 1200 Washington Blvd., H&S Deli at 45 Grand River Ave., The Last Tangle Hair Salon at 1500 Washington Blvd. and Clarks Lofts at 35 Grand River Ave. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.

Such a stupid and dangerous 'game'. Someone is going to end up shot here in Detroit in response. Everyone's not going to take this as a sitting duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Such a stupid and dangerous 'game'. Someone is going to end up shot here in Detroit in response. Everyone's not going to take this as a sitting duck.
    ...or a French painter, Upstate a woman who's a caregiver is hospitalized with head injuries because while she was shopping a parolee targeted her for his crack money & used his Pontiac to hurl her body into the side of a parked car http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...er_muggin.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6