Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Here is an anecdote from the 1970s: A coworker told me back then that him and a buddy were walking to a Red Wings game at Olympia Stadium when a fella flashed a knife and demanded money. My coworker said his buddy pulled out a pistol and shot the guy in the leg. They then went onto the game, exactly what I would do. My coworker said after the game they noticed a blood trail in snow near the incident but didn't report it to the police, probably what I would have done as well. I asked who his buddy was but he wouldn't tell me, but said I knew him. I always suspected my coworker was the shooter, but it never bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Here is an anecdote from the 1970s: A coworker told me back then that him and a buddy were walking to a Red Wings game at Olympia Stadium when a fella flashed a knife and demanded money. My coworker said his buddy pulled out a pistol and shot the guy in the leg. They then went onto the game, exactly what I would do. My coworker said after the game they noticed a blood trail in snow near the incident but didn't report it to the police, probably what I would have done as well. I asked who his buddy was but he wouldn't tell me, but said I knew him. I always suspected my coworker was the shooter, but it never bothered me.
    Olympia had a parking lot, fenced in. Cars were parked bumper to bumper to maximize space and no doubt revenue. Probably also to reduce street parking and address fans concerns about the area.

It seems to me that there is less violence against persons than there was years ago. Today, I don't know of many people who have had knives pulled on them. But back in the 70s and 80s it seemed common. Any stats out there? Maybe that's why the knockout game, if it exists, is drawing attention. Its one thing to be robbed. Yet another to be stabbed or violently struck for no apparent reason. Its highly uncivilized. Robbery you can justify, if you are so inclined, by a thousand things including racism. Random senseless violence is hard to understand. Its worth keeping an eye out to see if this really is a trend, or a blip.

Game still going on. Looks like its moved locations and players though. Latest episode was in Redford, with a white guy punching the bystander.
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24...in-redford-twp

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    This reminds me of the commentary we got from the clown who claimed that Somerset was being plagued by a crime wave even though there was no statistics to back up those claims. Changed your tune now Bham1982?

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...gn-in-jeopardy
    Not sure why this reminds you of that thread. They are totally different situations. In the previous thread you have one guy making crazy claims. In the other you have long-standing national phenomenon confirmed by law enforcement.

I came upon the issue of the "knock out game" and the book and web page of http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/ and the companion link, http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/top-10...olence-videos/ recently.

This isn't exactly new but it has taken a more modern twist with the advent of the Web and social media.

I grew up with this sort of violence being a poor whiteboy raised in a predominantly black area of Detroit during the 60's. Many a time I would walk home from Burroughs Junior high the two miles alone evading groups of "school mates" or worse the drop outs who would rob you of quarters at knife point.

It was one of the major reasons that when my first was born in 75' I made it priority to leave Detroit for the simple reason I did not want my kids to go through what I had to endure.

Roving gangs of black kids up to no good was a fact of life for me all the way through my time at Kettering High School. You had to learn survival skills.
    When I finally had my drivers license there came a "new" game. Too many times I encountered those same groups of young black kids that wouldn't get out of the middle of the street and dared you to hit them.

I can't say if there was gangs of roving white kids that would do the same just because of the fact I didn't grow up in an area that was white. So you are getting my experience only growing up and [[leaving), ummm, living in the big D.

So my take on this "new" game? Nothing new but now you can document it and brag about it then take top honors by getting the most views on you tube.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-06-13 at 02:05 PM.

Since there seems to be such and effort to paint "color" on those who are participating in this KO Game.....ill just leave this little article here....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...ushpmg00000037

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Since there seems to be such and effort to paint "color" on those who are participating in this KO Game.....ill just leave this little article here....

Wow. That just played into the whole issue being raised by the "conservative" media.

Perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    It's basically blacks attacking whites. Where's the outrage?
    Now there's a case where a whiteman attacked a black man in Texas. My concern was this was going to happen

Well, I'm sure Al and Jesse will start rallying the troops now.

I'm not really for or against any of these scumbags being charged with hate crimes, as long as the laws are applied evenly across the board. If a victim is targeted because of their race, then hate crime charges should not be dependent on them being of a racial or religious minority.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; December-27-13 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    When I finally had my drivers license there came a "new" game. Too many times I encountered those same groups of young black kids that wouldn't get out of the middle of the street and dared you to hit them.
    I hope when i'm old and farty, i can forgive and forget the youths of 40 years ago. and not spend my time being afraid and terrorized by my own memories.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/1...out-game-myth/

"Will we still be talking about the Knockout Game in two months, or six months? Probably not, even though chances are it will be happening as frequently [[or infrequently) then as it is now."

am i scared of the knockout game? nope
    am i scared of being shot in detroit? nope

am i scared of being in a car accident? yes.
    i'll do my best to be a safe driver. wont use cell phone or gps while driving.

whats the odds? 1 in a million of being in a knockout game?
    1 in 1000 of being in an auto accident?

This is a Hate Indictment based on the preferred color of the perp. for hate by the Liberals that run the system. Only they are capable of recognizing hate in other people's minds based on color. Had the colors been reversed it would have been just another everyday crime with nobody hating anybody.
    Last edited by coracle; December-28-13 at 07:06 AM.

This isn't a "hate crime"...it's walking abortions assaulting innocent people.Throw them into a cage,,where they belong.

Here is a video from CNN relating that a 27 year old white male "knocked out" a 79 year old black male to see if it would make the national news which it did.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...rivatepage%2F1

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Well, I'm sure Al and Jesse will start rallying the troops now.

I'm not really for or against any of these scumbags being charged with hate crimes, as long as the laws are applied evenly across the board. If a victim is targeted because of their race, then hate crime charges should not be dependent on them being of a racial or religious minority.
    This is the point that is lost on those on the left. They seem to be incapable of understanding why these crimes should be categorized as hate crimes. That blacks have been the victims of widespread racism is without doubt. And its sure looks to me as if some black youth take this as opportunity for payback. Understandable. Why the left can't condemn acts of hate or reverse racism for what they are is a valid concern. They are in denial, IMO.

With that said, I do not believe in 'hate crimes'. The idea that we can determine what is in someone's mind isn't much different in theory from deciding that someone isn't clapping with sufficient enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    This is a Hate Indictment based on the preferred color of the perp. for hate by the Liberals that run the system. Only they are capable of recognizing hate in other people's minds based on color. Had the colors been reversed it would have been just another everyday crime with nobody hating anybody.
    Why do I have a sudden urge for some Freedom Fries??

Wait, I thought the consensus was that this game "didn't exist" and was a fabrication of the media? So now it exists all of a sudden?

I came upon the issue of the "knock out game" and the book and web page of http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/ and the companion link, http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/top-10...olence-videos/ recently.

This isn't exactly new but it has taken a more modern twist with the advent of the Web and social media.

I grew up with this sort of violence being a poor whiteboy raised in a predominantly black area of Detroit during the 60's. Many a time I would walk home from Burroughs Junior high the two miles alone evading groups of "school mates" or worse the drop outs who would rob you of quarters at knife point.

It was one of the major reasons that when my first was born in 75' I made it priority to leave Detroit for the simple reason I did not want my kids to go through what I had to endure.

Roving gangs of black kids up to no good was a fact of life for me all the way through my time at Kettering High School. You had to learn survival skills.

I can't say if there was gangs of roving white kids that would do the same just because of the fact I didn't grow up in an area that was white. So you are getting my experience only growing up and [[leaving), ummm, living in the big D.

So my take on this "new" game? Nothing new but now you can document it and brag about it then take top honors by getting the most views on you tube.

Good job linking a site that is just slightly less racist than the KKK. If you are following that site for information you might as well tattoo 'bigot' on your foreheard

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Good job linking a site that is just slightly less racist than the KKK. If you are following that site for information you might as well tattoo 'bigot' on your foreheard
    I got that link from CNN one day. I haven't been back.
    I do see we have something in common...
    We both didn't like what we saw.

Tell me truthfully, what do you think about these flashmobs featuring young people of color basically wilding malls, and other public venues? I see another has made Main Stream Media News, a mall in New York. Another, "melee" Christmas Night at a Jacksonville FL. movie theater.

A bigot am I?

No, but I do know what racism feels like. I was and still am a Ghetto Rat at heart. My high school had a student population of 3000 and of that 3000, 1/10 were white. They built that high school over my first house then we moved over one block. Imagine that, in my little world I was a minority.

I will admit though I was able to 'vote with my feet' and assimilate in out state Michigan. I am not totally unawares of the realities that people of color face. In my way I know what it feels like. I'm not saying that I know exactly what minorities have to put up with but I have walked a mile or two in their shoes.

You would be surprised at my choice of mentors back in the day. Especially my time at Wayne State's Center for Labor Studies.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-29-13 at 09:14 PM.

Tell me truthfully, what do you think about these flashmobs featuring young people of color basically wilding malls, and other public venues? I see another has made Main Stream Media News, a mall in New York.
    300 teens, no arrests. mall cop beating up a girl? nothing to see here.
    candy jar got broken! damn those teenagers! get off my candy kiosk!

Another, "melee" Christmas Night at a Jacksonville FL. movie theater.
    "The fights appear to have begun when an off-duty police officer was rushed by a group of teens and young adults at the movie theater’s entrance and had to fend them off with pepper spray, police said. Then it escalated into a crowd estimated at about 600."

pepper spray a bunch of teenagers, that will work.

teens get unruly in groups. it happens with white teens, black teens, all teens.
    they kicked out teens at fairlane mall after 6pm without adults.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...rictions_N.htm

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Wait, I thought the consensus was that this game "didn't exist" and was a fabrication of the media? So now it exists all of a sudden?
    I BEGAN this thread with an anecdote of a REAL event which happened to a REAL person who works with my partner in a firm downtown, as he was walking the streets DURING daylight...so I don't give one flying feck about your consensus.

Cheers!

The Knock Out Game continues... The incident has several photos.

Knockout: Victims of brutal Downtown Mall assault want arrests, and answers from police

http://www.c-ville.com/knock-out-vic.../#.UsQAUfa4mpL

Default In the spirit of Detroit Yes! Please read the last paragraph

In the spirit of Detroit Yes! Please read the last paragraph...

http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/237521051.html

Graphics "warning" Not suitable for the faint of heart.

http://www.amren.com/news/2013/12/po...moa-starbucks/

Of course the peanut gallery is having fun at this Liberals expense.

Which raises the question. If your not prejudiced is it possible to become postjudiced?

Which raises the question. If your not prejudiced is it possible to become postjudiced?

That is merely human nature...most of us are quite reactionary to trauma...and illogically severe and general about it, too.

Hell, I've never driven a motorcycle after seeing our favorite grocer fly over a cement mixer and die in the old Aviation Subdivision before I turned ten. Some things you just don't recover from easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I BEGAN this thread with an anecdote of a REAL event which happened to a REAL person who works with my partner in a firm downtown, as he was walking the streets DURING daylight...so I don't give one flying feck about your consensus.

Cheers!
    You clearly missed the point of my post, which isn't surprising.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast