Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hah! So true. Toyota Corolla's are hot for thieves lately and that ain't a muscle car on any level!! Thieves mostly want what's moving under its own power - not requiring a tow - and easy to steal quick!!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Seriously? How many times do I have to repeat myself? Not all Camaros or Mustangs have the high output V-8s the vast majority of them are V-6 powered. Not all cars are stolen because they are cool. Hell I had a Dodge Shadow that was stolen four times.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-14-13 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post
    You don't have to repeat yourself. Just read it correctly the first time before you try to respond. That will avoid the need for misplaced outrage.
    How many janitors drive new Camaros or Taurus SHOs?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    By the way...I went to Seaholm and this will rightfully rattle nerves in the community. The bank about a mile away [[Maple/Chesterfield) had an armed robbery this summer as well and crime been slowly creeping up. My folks live within half a mile of the school...it'll be interesting to hear what they say the buzz in the community is.
    Strong local policing and an engaged community exist in Birmingham and many suburbs. that has kept crime down well in the past.

I think the burbs are increasingly realizing that the issues of Detroit also ;need to be solved. One might look at Snyders engagement with Detroit. I think he sees that his constituency knows that Detroit's problems such as high crime are becoming regional issues that must be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Strong local policing and an engaged community exist in Birmingham and many suburbs. that has kept crime down well in the past.

I think the burbs are increasingly realizing that the issues of Detroit also ;need to be solved. One might look at Snyders engagement with Detroit. I think he sees that his constituency knows that Detroit's problems such as high crime are becoming regional issues that must be addressed.
    While that may be true... you do realize the "solution" most of the people in Birmingham/bloomfield..etc would support would be a series of walls and draw bridges between them and "detroiters" vs. any sort of regional government solution right?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    While that may be true... you do realize the "solution" most of the people in Birmingham/bloomfield..etc would support would be a series of walls and draw bridges between them and "detroiters" vs. any sort of regional government solution right?
    A wall at the Southfield boarder and a wall at Pontiac border of Bloomfield Twp would do wonders for Birmingham/Bloomfield.

The only reason this whole thread exists is because this is so rare in Birmingham and suburbs like it. Birmingham will be in trouble when this thing happens often enough for it not to be big news. Birmingham's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    How many janitors drive new Camaros or Taurus SHOs?
    I have no idea and I won't make any assumptions about what kinds of cars the janitors at Seaholm or any other school drive. If you have facts on that, I would be interested.

Moreover, your question is not responsive to my factual point either. Your theory was that the V8 Grand Marquis might have been needed for another crime because it was high powered when compared to other cars. In fact, the Grand Marquis is not high powered when compared to other cars at all, even those that I mentioned with standard V6s. I wasn't talking about an SHOs as you state above. I think you underestimate the HPs that the V6 now produce.

I am not sure why you are so tweeked about a minor factual point, i.e., they didn't steal the Grand Marquis for the power because many other common cars far exceed the GM's power. It is clear that you didn't read the comment before you responded. So what. No need for outrage.

One of the two suspects in the carjacking has been arrested and arraigned. http://www.hometownlife.com/article/...lm-High-School

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3