Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mark.vandorn View Post
    You fail to grasp that your perception and taste is vastly different from someone who can afford a compound like this. Sure, there are some O.K. Detroit proper options for business lunches, but the concentration of quality food and high-end crowds is not in Detroit. [[And the last thing I want to do is get me or my company's head blown off going to get a salmon filet.)

That entire post, along with just about everything you've posted on this and other threads is ridiculous. just stop.

You fail to grasp that your perception and taste is vastly different from someone who can afford a compound like this. Sure, there are some O.K. Detroit proper options for business lunches, but the concentration of quality food and high-end crowds is not in Detroit. [[And the last thing I want to do is get me or my company's head blown off going to get a salmon filet.)
    That's funny I taken over 30,000 images all over the city over the last 3 years, and have friends who live on Fairway. I have never had anyone try to "blow my head off" and I feel as safe as my home in Grosse Pointe when I visit my friends on Fairway. As for food some of the best quality food and "high end" crowds are in the city. Time to take the blinders off.

@mark.vandorn

Not sure if you're being serious or just trolling?...

The area where it's located is pretty central with what the Metro has to offer.

More to the point. Where is Don Barden moving to and why?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldj View Post
    More to the point. Where is Don Barden moving to and why?
    He passed in 2011.

Sorry. Was not paying attention.

Trolling, how? Getting car jacked or shot is a very real threat for anyone of means in Detroit proper.
    So are getting struck by a meteor.... but your chances aren't as bad as the 5PM news hour would suggest. [[Maybe it's time to put down the remote!) And just within 10 minutes of that location are many other restaurants in the Oak Park, Southfield, Pleasant Ridge, Ferndale, Royal Oak... etc. So you make it sound worse than it really is...

Stop feeding the troll. He will find nothing positive with anything anyone says, is really angry, and really has no personal perspective. Keep readin' the headlines pal, and keep yo' head on a swivel when you do come down here, if you ever even leave your perch.

-Proud Renaissance Grad

And, oh yeah, GPSouth has average ACT scores of 24, but they get to take those pre-tests because Yale just might be fooled. As for our grammar, we really don't care if you like our dialect or not, we just know you'll be intimidated by it, or at least be angry at us because you're predisposed to not being down with us anyways.
    Last edited by Hamtragedy; November-07-13 at 12:08 AM. Reason: brevity

Was this man Wardell the same person that owned the building that is now the Park-Shelton apartments on Kirby? That was built and opened as the Wardell Hotel.

...because I'm using my real name on a message board. Nice try.
    Last edited by mark.vandorn; November-07-13 at 11:01 AM.

People on message boards usually pick completely random, yet normal names.

Only complete idiots post anything on the internet connected to a real name, real email, Facebook, twitter, or even use the same forum name more than once.

Only complete idiots post anything on the internet connected to a real name, real email, Facebook, twitter, or even use the same forum name more than once.
    Mark,

You're trying too hard here, man. Go find a girl on campus to have some fun with and come back once you finish college.

Please, call me Donald...or Jon....or Paul.

You use a ton of attacks on others. Idiots, morons, stupid. Either that Michigan education isn't adding to your intelligence or you're not all that confident in yours, evident in the condescending attitude towards others. It's disappointing, but if you can succeed in getting through college, you can surely succeed in developing a more positive outlook that doesn't denigrate others.

Those DPS students you reference... they have a tangible benefit to you. You have a tangible benefit to them. You know how to use it.

I have not attacked anyone, you guys have attacked me with names, labeled me a troll and even a sad attempt at invading my privacy. I feel bad for ambitious DPS students. It's a failed system, arguably the worst in the nation. With that said...

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    And, oh yeah, GPSouth has average ACT scores of 24, but they get to take those pre-tests because Yale just might be fooled.
    These same resources exist for DPS students. For free. Contact Wayne State.
    Last edited by mark.vandorn; November-07-13 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 56packman View Post
    Was this man Wardell the same person that owned the building that is now the Park-Shelton apartments on Kirby? That was built and opened as the Wardell Hotel.
    Yes Wardell was the owner of the Wardell Apartment Hotel, now the Park Shelton.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 220hendrie1910 View Post
    A quick Zillow check shows recent sales across the street and on Windemere in the $19k-$39k range, houses that look sound in Street View. There doesn't seem to be much buyer confidence in that neighborhood, despite the splendid architecture.
    There is no "other side of the street" on Fairway. All the houses are on the east side of the street, backing onto the golf club. Nor are those even vaguely representative sales prices on Parkside or Wildemere, not to say that there weren't some distressed properties in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Yes Wardell was the owner of the Wardell Apartment Hotel, now the Park Shelton.
    Interesting. Some years ago I was in the files of a rather notable building downtown that dates back to the 1920s. We came across a letter, circa 1935, from a committee that was formed to "prevent the spread of Negroes in our community" and the man in charge was Wardell. The letter was printed on Wardell Hotel stationary, was signed at the bottom by Wardell, as head of the committe, and the names of the other committee members were listed. There were some very prominent names on that list. The letter was a recruitment sort of missive, and it went on to describe all of the undesirable activities that will befall your property or neighborhood should Negroes move in. I was flabbergasted, I had seen racism in real life, but rarely had seen it committed to print, at least this far north of the Mason-Dixon line. It's probably a good thing Wardell died when he did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3