Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    We already have Davis Aerospace [[very nice school) behind City Airport for what it's worth.

But I agree, City Airport and the land around it has so much potential. It could be Detroit's equivalent to Chicago's Midway.
    Davis Aerospace is no longer on the airport DPS merged it with Golightly on Jefferson. They are also no longer an FAA certified school.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Please come back Charlie. I can't wait for your stories.
    Yes, indeed. We want to hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerojoe View Post
    Davis Aerospace is no longer on the airport DPS merged it with Golightly on Jefferson. They are also no longer an FAA certified school.
    Oh yes, I know that's no longer the case.

Keep in mind that post was over 3 years old, lol...

Can anyone clarify or confirm if Coleman A. Young City Airport is the same as the current DTW [[Detroit Wayne) Airport, or are they different? I'm an out-of-towner.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    Can anyone clarify or confirm if Coleman A. Young City Airport is the same as the current DTW [[Detroit Wayne) Airport, or are they different? I'm an out-of-towner.
    DTW is Metro Airport [[Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport) in Romulus.

Coleman A. Young International Airport is City Airport [[Detroit City Airport), also known as DET.

It's been a long time since I have performed open heart surgery on a NavComm, so I am just curious if anyone is still flying with vacuum tubes? As an electronics technician from way back to 1962 I was shocked to see vacuum tubes still being used in General Aviation as late as 1999.

Tnx

Charlie "X" / Beacon Avionics - Mack Avionics - Pontiac Avionics

Yea ole Sonny Eliot, over the 18 years I worked for Beacon Avionics Sonny had at least three ground incursions he kept hitting the fence with the wing tips.

Charlie / AT2 / W8EIV

Any of you that might enjoy old photos of Detroit or the Airport try searching for photos on the Flicker Web sight.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Please come back Charlie. I can't wait for your stories.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPdONfPts-4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2