Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    He made an aggressive thought towards you Honky Tonk!!!!
    I've already made a thought police report.

Are you part of the crowd who will constantly find problems with everything that everyone does?
    nope. i would have done the same thing craig did in that situation.

this issue is going to be a huge media nightmare. where the news will constantly hound him about it and not pay attention to his bad policies or question his leadership in any meaningful way.

i will point out that chief craigs' policy to continue stop and frisk is an idiotic one.
    especially after stop and frisk was proven to be:
    1. racist , used in stopping blacks and latinos at an overwhelming ratio
    2. ineffective
    3. unconstitutional.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...mes_cra_5.html

Oh man, if the grape throwers or DetNews commenters catch wind of this, you'll hear the dumbest crap spewed out of their mouthes non-stop for weeks. Someone tell them quickly because I need something to be amused with!
    Not so much, because this is egg all over the State of Michigan's face [[they appointed the guy who hired Craig, and they failed to ensure he turned in the paperwork in a timely fashion).

From the M-Live article:#Craig:
    "As soon as I saw the suspect running to my car, I accelerated out of harm’s way.

And then, candidly, I got angry ... I said, ‘I can’t believe this just almost happened.’"
    - Who was a 'suspect'? A black dude running toward a police car in Detroit or anywhere else in the USA is a suspect?

- Chief profiled the dude as a suspect before the person even opened his mouth or got to within earshot.

- Did the suspect brandish a gun or another weapon? We don't know b/c the Craigster didn't say.

- Was the so-called suspect a person in trouble? Since the police in Detroit run from crime or ignore it, Craig's actions seem typical. When does that change?

- What sort of a [[cowardly) cop runs from a criminal?

- What sort of a police chief who cannot make a radio call? Craig could have turned on his lights and blocked Jefferson and bottled up the putative carjackers behind traffic. Even without a gun he could have been a COP.

- What sort of police chief, a) cannot pass a patrolman's exam, and, b) cannot carry a sidearm?

Craig should be fired tomorrow ... then the entire force should be turned over and restructured. Get rid of the bad apples and start over.

Actually I was a little disturbed. I shop Jefferson all the time. Every Saturday we take neighbors with no cars shopping, mostly seniors. First I heard was our pastor saying two congregants got mugged and jacked on Jefferson, and an additional report and now our police chief. I won't stop shopping my neighborhood but I am on high alert.

I don't know about everybody else but I like living in a city where my police chief can bring it to a criminal and not have to retreat like some "Brave Sir Robin".

Quick question -- sure, forgo the test that would make him a 100% law enforcement but why not get a CCW and be in a position to at least make a citizen arrest?

I mean, let's say Craig is on site someplace, and he and a couple of officers come across a situation where they are outnumbered/gunned -- does the Chief have to hightail it the hell outta there and leave his officers?

Come to think of it, is there any way that this story can be corroborated to make sure that it's not merely being presented for the sake for furthering a certain agenda --- all things considered currently?

Someone had approached my car while I letting my friend off to go inside a party store in Palmer Park. I immediately told her to stay in the car and close the door. I sped off

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    I don't know about everybody else but I like living in a city where my police chief can bring it to a criminal and not have to retreat like some "Brave Sir Robin".

Quick question -- sure, forgo the test that would make him a 100% law enforcement but why not get a CCW and be in a position to at least make a citizen arrest?

I mean, let's say Craig is on site someplace, and he and a couple of officers come across a situation where they are outnumbered/gunned -- does the Chief have to hightail it the hell outta there and leave his officers?

Come to think of it, is there any way that this story can be corroborated to make sure that it's not merely being presented for the sake for furthering a certain agenda --- all things considered currently?
    I do not believe that he can just get a ccw. While a ccw is a state issued license and trump a city rule the DPD has rules on firearms. Such as you have to qualify with your off Duty firearm and be a certain make model and brand. But if he is not allowed to carry a gun because he is not certified then he can't qualify with one. If he does not qualify with the gun he can not carry the gun off duty by department rules. Its kind of a catch 22.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2