Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

If it ain't Kopi Luwak, it ain't shit — literally!

I would have to say Germack for Detroit, but my guilty pleasure is one of those raspberry flavored coffees from Tongue's in Wyandotte.

I don't even drink the stuff, but man, I thank God everyday I'm no longer living somewhere where there is a Dunkin Donuts on every dang corner.

Quote Originally Posted by That Great Guy View Post
    Tim Hortin's is the best coffee. But then I don't go anywhere else
    Can hardly drink it. They used to have pretty good coffee but for the last 3 or 4 years it's been terrible. Don't like their dark roast either.

Don't get me started on how bad TH coffee is IMO. Absolutely bad to the bean. White Castle makes a better brew by far.

Enjoying a cup o' freshly-roasted, then freshly-ground, then freshly-brewed Ethiopian Yirgacheffe naturally-finished coffee...from beans sourced from Germack Coffee a few days ago.

Thanks to Steven there for the time spent sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm...it is great to see the evolution and progress under his tutelage. We had fun chatting about the state of relative perfection in the Detroit coffee market, and how some of the roasters are beginning to discover the "co-opetition" they can enjoy with this on-fire local marketplace.

Just like the craft brewers working together to improve the whole, they can compete but cooperate...and everybody wins, especially those who really cherish consuming their products!

I am happy that our Winter experiment didn't spoil us for future coffee ecstasy...we bought twenty pounds of the Kaua'i estate's output and drank almost nothing else from December to June.

It was heavenly, every cup o' used grounds reminding me fiercely of the beautiful red dirt of our eventual home island...actually triggering a postulate that coffee is merely the gods' way of relocating fertile grounds from the tropics to the rest of the planet.

Remember to give your used grounds to the local gardener of your choice.

Thank you for your post, Gannon. You will be moving to Kauai some day? My
    Cornish ancestry Aunt Betty [[probably born around 1912 near Ahmeek [[Anishinabe
    for "Beaver") in the Keweenaw) moved to Kauai after a nasty divorce which was
    said to have happened after her husband sold the Corvette she loved to work on
    without her say-so and permission. She was a social worker in Kauai, her hometown
    there was Lihue. [[My current fav Cornish actress is Thandie Newton, the bitchy
    unsupportive nurse Will Smith was married to in that movie "In Pursuit of Happyness".
    She nailed my grandparents' Cornish domestic dispute patterns perfectly in that
    movie.) Betty would stop by to visit us in Detroit. She would wear muu-muu's
    and chain smoked cigarettes, always using a long cigarette holder. She would
    teach us Hawaiian vocabulary.
    Last edited by Dumpling; July-17-16 at 12:51 PM. Reason: grammar cleanup

Am growing endive in my garden. Wonder if coffee grounds would affect
    the bitterness of endive in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Don't get me started on how bad TH coffee is IMO. Absolutely bad to the bean. White Castle makes a better brew by far.
    Agreed. Tim Hortons' coffee tastes like burnt water.

^^^ Bad to the bean. Ain't it!

Surprisingly White Castle does a very good job at their coffee brew!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-17-16 at 11:27 PM.

Twenty years ago, 7-11 brewed great coffee, but they have let the quality slip since then.

Quit holding up the damn line with your indecision!

Name:  zzzzzzzzz1128.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  44.8 KB

Really?!?

Don't we have bigger things to deal with other than how over caffeinated we can get?

Coffee is worse than crack or heroin.

Smokes, too.
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; July-17-16 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Twenty years ago, 7-11 brewed great coffee, but they have let the quality slip since then.
    I agree, 7-11 coffee sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Really?!?

Don't we have bigger things to deal with other than how over caffeinated we can get?

Coffee is worse than crack or heroin.

Smokes, too.
    How could we work on the bigger things without coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    How could we work on the bigger things without coffee?
    Coffee is the rocket fuel of American business!

Quote Originally Posted by southofbloor View Post
    I'm probably too showered to be mistaken for a hipster but I love 1515 Broadway. He plays french CBC!

Attachment 22057
    I wonder if they got free coffee for life ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4