Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I met the guy who designed the fix for the odd switching distortion in all digital amps for 'em, just after he left to start his own company...but never have seriously auditioned any of them.

I'm guessing those bike signs point "Back and To The Left", huh?!

I've not seen lines with symbols yet on the near-east side, but maybe the older lanes have them...without symbols people can claim ignorance. I complain about the lanes on Russel in Eastern Market, too...those outer lanes are temporary parking and loading/unloading zones for the businesses, not through!

When I saw the crew doing Grand Boulevard without lines, I wondered why...this morning I drove by and noticed the car lane gets seriously squeezed in a few places. They'll have a devil of a time painting lines between the center turn lane and the curb!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I met the guy who designed the fix for the odd switching distortion in all digital amps for 'em, just after he left to start his own company...but never have seriously auditioned any of them.

I'm guessing those bike signs point "Back and To The Left", huh?!

I've not seen lines with symbols yet on the near-east side, but maybe the older lanes have them...without symbols people can claim ignorance. I complain about the lanes on Russel in Eastern Market, too...those outer lanes are temporary parking and loading/unloading zones for the businesses, not through!

When I saw the crew doing Grand Boulevard without lines, I wondered why...this morning I drove by and noticed the car lane gets seriously squeezed in a few places. They'll have a devil of a time painting lines between the center turn lane and the curb!
    I've already seen confusion taking over in a few tight spots in the City. If a biker gets added to the mix, possible tragedy. I haven't noticed any distortion, but then I'm old and deaf!

I'm torn on if we should ban auto drivers from the bike lane if no one is in it. I think it would be fine for them to use the bike lane when empty of bicyclists. Once one comes, they need to pass in the normal lane.

To take away an entire lane from automobiles in a city that has very few bikers isn't logistically smart. I think auto and bike can "share" that lane. Education and signs of polices, a full PR push needs to be done so people know the rules however they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Well, this morning I saw another one. Some guy drove the whole length of Lafayette to 375, in the bike lane, totally oblivious to the fact, or what he was doing. I guess the pendilum swings both ways.

I saw the same thing a couple of times this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2