Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    China didn't, their version of S&P did. And it's funny to have China bitch when the only reason their "official" debt is low is because they create corporations that bear the burden of those debts. Add the debts held by Chinese pseudo-corporations and their debt is double ours
    I don't think that China bitching so much as stretching its expanding muscles. China now has more millionaires than the US, Chinese tourists are showing up all over the world, China yesterday bought a building in NYC from JP Morgan for $75M, china is making plans to land Chinese on the Moon, China is buying up natural resources all over the world to hand to its children while we turn our children into debt slaves. China has its problems but what we are seeing is not a nation in decline.

This is appropriate although it has been posted before.
    Last edited by oladub; October-18-13 at 06:44 PM.

WASHINGTON—Calling the busted cylinder a national hero, sources confirmed Wednesday that a sewer pipe in the U.S. Capitol building valiantly burst open, pouring more than 1.5 million gallons of raw sewage into Congress and flooding the Senate and House of Representatives with human excrement, sludge, and wastewater. “Someone or something had to step up and fight for the American people, and when I heard that explosion and then saw congressman after congressman get swept up by a massive wave of feces and urine, I knew that sewage pipe had done something truly brave and extraordinary,” said one congressional source, adding the pipe’s heroics were evident from the outset when the initial explosion splattered Sen. Ted Cruz [[R-TX) with wadded-up toilet paper, sanitary napkins, vomit, and cholera-containing pathogens.

Great one Jimaz.

This Photo is Real & has not been altered of a reopened Mt Rushmore.

Default Sen. Warren on the Shutdown and Why Government Matters

Senator Warren spoke on the Senate floor on 10/3/13 about the Republican shutdown and why government matters.

I would vote for Elizabeth Warren for president in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    This Photo is Real & has not been altered of a reopened Mt Rushmore.

Got a source for that photo Papa?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I would vote for Elizabeth Warren for president in a heartbeat
    Ditto, Rb..

I occasionally hear some of Elizabeth Warren's rhetoric which I agree with. She rails against bankers for instance. She has written books about how Americans make 30% less after inflation than they did in 1970. But wasn't Elizabeth Warren a big promoter of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which was supposed to protect us from those evil banks?

"The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau [[CFPB) is an independent federal agency that holds primary responsibility for regulating consumer protection with regard to financial products and services in the United States."

"The bureau is an independent unit located inside and funded by the
    United States Federal Reserve, with interim affiliation with the U.S. Treasury Department. It writes and enforces rules for financial institutions, examines both bank and non-bank financial institutions
    , monitors and reports on markets, as well as collects and tracks consumer complaints." -wikipedia

Got that? Elizabeth Warren's idea of protecting us from big evil banks is to create a phony agency with a nice sounding name funded and located inside the Federal Reserve which is owned by those same big banks. Next thing you know, she'll be telling us she is an Indian.
    I'm thinking that she was assigned the role of good cop in a good cop/bad cop banker routine. I'm not planning to vote for her but I still like some of her rhetoric more than that of most democrats and many Republicans. Sometimes I want to imagine that she is the new Dennis Kucinich but she isn't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3