Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I don't think it will happen. It never should have been raised as a partisan issue, by a minority of zealots, though.
    Watched Betty Reid Soskin, 92 year old employee of the National Park Service, make too much sense yesterday. She has worked there since WWII.
    The fools who shut her job down should listen to her.
    Jackasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    ... Watched Betty Reid Soskin, 92 year old employee of the National Park Service, make too much sense yesterday. She has worked there since WWII.
    The fools who shut her job down should listen to her....
    Thanks for posting that. Never heard of her. Found some videos. She's brilliant — and at that age too!

Four days until debt ceiling default. If this happens I want all the people in the State of Michigan to secede from the United States and annex to Dominion of Canada.
    Last edited by Danny; October-13-13 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Four days until debt ceiling default. If this happens I want all the people in the State of Michigan to secede from the United States and annex to Dominion of Canada.
    That sounds do-able

In response to seceding to Canada.....Don't think that will work. Don't think the Canadians want us.

Quote Originally Posted by punky1 View Post
    In response to seceding to Canada.....Don't think that will work. Don't think the Canadians want us.

The Canadians would love to have Michigan in their country. We just let the parliament know that the Province of Michigan is part of Canada. I might start a petition a secede Michigan from the union and annex to Canada if Congress don't act to open government and raise the debt ceiling.

The Canadians would love to have Michigan in their country. We just let the parliament know that the Province of Michigan is part of Canada. I might start a petition a secede Michigan from the union and annex to Canada if Congress don't act to open government and raise the debt ceiling.
    do it Danny!

Go for it!! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ah, I see Econ 101 was a bit much for some people.

Here are the largest loaners:
    1) Social Security
    2) Federal Reserve
    3) Veteran disability and retirement
    4) Federal employee retirement*
    5) China*
    6) Japan*
    7) US investors*
    8) Caribbean banks
    9) Oil exporters [[mostly Canada)

*These are all around the 1 Trillion mark. exact rank depends on a number of things including currency fluctuations, counting method, trade deficit. China and Japan combined don't equal Social Security. ALL foreign debt holdings are about equal to Social Security and the Fed. We owe the vast majority of the money TO OURSELVES, which is far different from Detroit's situation.
    Last edited by rb336; October-17-13 at 09:10 PM.

President Clinton raided Social Security funds and left it with IOUs. I guess you are right that now we owe it to ourselves. We still have to pay back the seniors and federal workers whose money was borrowed. Why should that make us feel better? Before, we didn't owe "ourselves" anything. We still owe $17T and have to pay the interest on it not including the President's new power to raise the debt ceiling almost unchallenged. I did read in one place that it is only until February that the President has this new unconstitutional power.

The Federal Reserve is not "ourselves" though. It is owned by banks.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Ah, I see Econ 101 was a bit much for some people.

Here are the largest loaners:
    1) Social Security
    2) Federal Reserve
    3) Veteran disability and retirement
    4) Federal employee retirement*
    5) China*
    6) Japan*
    7) US investors*
    8) Caribbean banks
    9) Oil exporters [[mostly Canada)

*These are all around the 1 Trillion mark. exact rank depends on a number of things including currency fluctuations, counting method, trade deficit. China and Japan combined don't equal Social Security. ALL foreign debt holdings are about equal to Social Security and the Fed. We owe the vast majority of the money TO OURSELVES, which is far different from Detroit's situation.
    rb336.
    See - http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreyd...t-an-increase/ to put some actual figures on the various payments you list. Soc. Sec. is the FICA TAX we pay which is 15% of our Salary. We shouldn't have to borrow this unless our government is giving it to someone else and then having to borrow it from China to pay it back. It is FULLY FUNDED.

The shutdown showdown may be over, but I will put the request for Michigan independence from The United States on hold until the U.S. government fail to raise the debt ceiling on February 7th 2014.

By then I will have hundreds of my supporters.

FREE MICHIGAN!
    Last edited by Danny; October-18-13 at 08:20 AM.