Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Now, all we need is a 24-hour fitness center and laundry mat. Taco Bell, a sports bar/restaurant, another 24-hour Coney Island, 7-11 store and other small businesses.
    I have a mat in my laundry. I don't have to got to a laundromat.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; May-17-14 at 06:04 PM.

I like Del Taco a little better than Taco Bell, as far as fast-food places go. But I wonder where would be a good spot for a traditional Mexican/Latin restaurant in the new center/WSU area?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I like Del Taco a little better than Taco Bell, as far as fast-food places go. But I wonder where would be a good spot for a traditional Mexican/Latin restaurant in the new center/WSU area?
    I don't know about the WSU area, but give Los Altos a try if you're ever around the Vernor and Central area.

I grew up in Clawson a few blocks away from a Rally's\Checkers. I love the food.

I do agree that some more dense would be nice, but in time we'll start seeing that more and more.

There used to be Rally's locations all over the city before they liquidated all of their Detroit locations in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Many of them became Subways and Wendy's.

Just saw the Church's Chicken on W Vernor is closed due to a fire. Supposedly will not reopen.

Sign is still up stating coming soon, but didn't see any obviously work being done. Anyone see anything I didn't? Might drop by there if I go on a bike ride this week...

Apparently Checker's is opening tomorrow.

Garbage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by xrockerboy View Post
    Apparently Checker's is opening tomorrow.

they will get plenty of business from the Wayne State kids and health care workers at the DMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    they will get plenty of business from the Wayne State kids and health care workers at the DMC.
    Seems ironic, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Seems ironic, eh?
    Even when I am eating super healthy, I still throw down for some seasoned fries and a bacon burger from time to time. It's so horribly terrible for you, it's poor quality but I will be damned if it doesn't taste delicious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2