Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Christine Beatty Featured in Essence

Looking très chic in a finely fitted leather jacket, Kwame Kilpatrick's paramour Christine Beatty is the cover girl and feature story for November's issue of Essence Magazine. It appears to be a 'kiss and tell' redux of her well-known affair, downfall and a hoped for redemption. [Edit: it has since be revealed that she is not on the cover.]

But why now? Oh wait Essence, isn't someone famous getting sentenced this week?

She's paid a stiff price, still is and probably always will.

Welcome to twilight days and final acts of the L'affaire Kilpatrick.

Full article Detroit News

I guess she still wants everyone to know "who the f**k she is".

She should be ashamed of herself.

She's been struggling I hear, so I'm sure she was paid handsomely to tell her story.

I wasn't paying much attention, but did she have any part in Kwame's and Bobby's trials? I don't remember hearing her name in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    She's been struggling I hear, so I'm sure she was paid handsomely to tell her story.
    I'm pretty sure that's why she did the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    She's on the cover of a magazine because her publisher put her there. I guess her story is sordid enough to make some quick and cheap cash.

She's not on the cover, if that matters. There is a small mention of her story on the cover, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    She should be ashamed of herself.
    From what I've seen and read about her, she's not capable of being ashamed of anything.

I'm glad you clarified that. Other news sources reference it as a 'cover' story but as you said it is just mentioned on the cover, not a full cover spot. That would have been too much for me.

Though Miley Sirus is on the cover of a rag with her tongue all wacked-out down to her chin, and there's no shame in her game!

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    She's not on the cover, if that matters. There is a small mention of her story on the cover, however.

I don't think that's a K-mart jacket she's sporting.

She's not on the cover, if that matters....
    Neither is her photograph. Ba-Dum-Bump!

Yeah, her picture on a magazine cover probably won't sell too many magazines outside of Metro Detroit...

For sure. That jacket is really nice actually....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I don't think that's a K-mart jacket she's sporting.

It's too bad we glorify criminals. She looks like she's doing ok. She's no different than the common bag man or hooker, though.

The wardrobe comes with the shoot.

The sad thing about this is, not only that an entire subset of the female population absolutely condones Ms. Beatty's behavior, but that it is currently being glorified via "Scandal" and the like. I cant tell you how many women I work with that are obsessed with that show, and easily empathize with the main character. But if some heffer was to look at their man twice...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    The wardrobe comes with the shoot.

The sad thing about this is, not only that an entire subset of the female population absolutely condones Ms. Beatty's behavior, but that it is currently being glorified via "Scandal" and the like. I cant tell you how many women I work with that are obsessed with that show, and easily empathize with the main character. But if some heffer was to look at their man twice...

Agreed. Some people think she's a victim here and the truth is that she's a co-conspirator in the fleecing of Detroit along with Kwame. No one should condone what she did to the city.

I refuse to watch such weekly shows. I may watch a film that takes on the subject, but to keep going back to the feed troth. Nope! Those shows rarely show the downside of cheating and how the woman is usually the one to get jacked the most. Instead cheating is glorified as simply a practical, progressive option...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    ]The sad thing about this is, not only that an entire subset of the female population absolutely condones Ms. Beatty's behavior, but that it is currently being glorified via "Scandal" and the like. I cant tell you how many women I work with that are obsessed with that show, and easily empathize with the main character. But if some heffer was to look at their man twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Agreed. Some people think she's a victim here and the truth is that she's a co-conspirator in the fleecing of Detroit along with Kwame. No one should condone what she did to the city.
    That's exactly how I feel about it.

It's also morally bankrupt to sleep around with a married man, but in that case it's Kwame who has the comittment to his wife, not Beatty.

It's nice to see how what looked like a Kilpatrick Empire was really just a house of cards, and while it was built up rather high it fell so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    For sure. That jacket is really nice actually....
    It doesn't look like it'd be warm enough.